1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Inspirational and spiritual gospel reading for your tms journey

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ryan, May 21, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Thought this was great and I would share it for your spiritual journey.

[​IMG]
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Real Spiritual Maturity Is Gradual
    by Rick Warren
    “We shall become mature people, reaching to the very
    height of Christ's full stature.”
    (Ephesians 4:13b TEV)

Discipleship is the process of conforming to Christ; your journey will last a lifetime. Every day God wants you to become a little more like him: “You have begun to live the new life, in which you are being made new and are becoming like the One who made you” (Colossians 3:10a NCV).

Today we’re obsessed with speed, but God is more interested in strength and stability than swiftness. We want the quick fix, the shortcut, the on-the-spot solution. We want a sermon, a seminar, or an experience that will instantly resolve all problems, remove all temptation, and release us from all growing pains.

But real maturity is never the result of a single experience, no matter how powerful or moving. Growth is gradual. The Bible says, “Our lives gradually [become] brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him” (2 Corinthians 3:18b MSG).

People often build their identity around their defects. We say, “It’s just like me to be …” and “It’s just the way I am.” The unconscious worry is that if I let go of my habit, my hurt, or my hang-up, who will I be? This fear can definitely slow down your growth.

Habits take time to develop. Remember that your character is the sum total of your habits. You can’t claim to be kind unless you are habitually kind — meaning you show kindness without even thinking about it. You can’t claim to have integrity unless it is your habit to always be honest. A husband who is faithful to his wife most of the time is not faithful at all! Your habits define your character.

There is only one way to develop the habits of Christ-like character: You must practice them — and that takes time! There are no instant habits. Paul urged Timothy,“Practice these things. Devote your life to them so that everyone can see your progress” (1 Timothy 4:15 GW).

Talk It Over

• What are you doing to gradually but consistently grow as a disciple of Christ?
    • Who in your life can help and encourage you as you work to develop a habit of Christ-like character?
    • What are the character traits that you want to be known for? How can you develop those traits in your life?

Enjoy today’s devotional? Listen instantly to the full audio message atwww.RickWarren.org/listen.
    Did someone forward this Daily Devotional to you? Get your own free subscription to The Daily Hope Devotional, your daily inspiration via email.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our Gift: The Purpose Driven Life Hardback Book
    Since its release The Purpose Driven Life has been translated into 85 different languages and has become the“Bestselling non-fiction hardback book in history” all because of the Christ centered approach the book takes to answering life’s most fundamental question: What on Earth Am I Here For?
    MORE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What On Earth Am I Here For?: Complete Series
    Who am I? Why am I alive? What am I supposed to do with my life? Join Pastor Rick for this message series on God’s calling for your life as you learn how to discern that calling and use it as a blessing for the church, other people, and in your own life.
    MORE[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This devotional is based on the current Daily Hope radio series atwww.rickwarren.org.

Rick Warren has helped people live with hope and purpose for more than 40 years. He’s the founding pastor of Saddleback Church in Southern California and author of several books, including “The Purpose Driven Church” and “The Purpose Driven Life,” read by more than 100 million people in 137 languages. He created the PEACE Plan (plant churches of reconciliation, equip servant leaders, assist the poor, care for the sick, educate the next generation), which is used by churches in 196 countries. His radio teaching and daily devotional, Daily Hope, is offered across America.

This devotional ©2014 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Follow Us:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lavender likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sure this may be helpful for many people out there. It is good to share whatever helps. Personally I have rediscovered Louise Hay's recordings and a brilliant new one is Candace Pert's Psychosomatic Wellness CD. Brilliant! And more suited to an old pagan like me!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Hecate, for the Rick Warren post. There is a lot to listen to so I will do it as I have time.
    The Hay and Pert CDs also are talks I will want to listen to.

Spiritual posts are always welcome.

I watch the God Channel on satellite tv and get a lot of good thoughts from the speakers on it.