1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Indifference to Pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Redditor, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Redditor

Redditor Peer Supporter

I've been having sporadic pains in my torso for more than a year now. And by now, I'm indifferent to them. Like I can feel the pain, but I don't care - I don't have an emotional reaction to it. I don't take painkillers for it anymore.

Yesterday I went to the dentist and she found injuries inside my mouth and she told me it looked like I had been chewing on the inside of it on the oral mucosa. I might have, unintentionally, and not known it. I remember repetitively brushing my tongue hard against the sharp edges of my molars, causing abrasions though. I think this sort of describes it.

I'm not a child but I found this quote from the article pretty accurate to my situation, though mine is not as severe to the point of having bitten off my tongue or causing fractures:
    See, the purpose of pain is to tell you not to do something to your body. If you're indifferent to pain, you have to take the signal that your body's being damaged when you're hurting it and stop whatever you're doing. So that's my theory. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what I'm trying to say here?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Redditor where did this article come from? Anyhow the purpose of the pain is to tell you that you need to take care of repression. Sub-conscious and un-conscious issues ya know. You have to read DR. Sarnos book dear and learn from him about your pain and how to cure it or you can join the SEP righ here for free and get to the bottom of the mystery once and for all.

The pain is your body crying out wanting you to take notice to the needs -- you need in life. The Happiness you once had that has faded and you need to get it back, you might have lost your smile.

See, the tms can get very hard to understand if we don't learn every aspect and grow in knowledge to effect the cure. Your a very smart person, lets talk about psychlogiacal thoughts ok. Lets leave the structural thoughts out of it for a minute and talk about the pressures in life your going through right now that has nothing to do with your structural pain and then you can begin to heal.
    Bless You

Ellen and BruceMC like this.
  3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

That really good advice, Herbie. Keep it on topic, the primary issues your tooth problems are distracting you from are emotional and that's what you need to clear up if you want to eliminate such behaviors as bruxism and TMJ. I know that my teeth grinding subsided when I began to understand its emotional origins and started, at the same time, to self-sooth. That broke the TMJ cycle, not wearing one of those mouth guards at night. And last dental exam, the hygienist didn't lecture me on grinding either. No grinding, no lecture! Double win!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ellen like this.
  4. Redditor

Redditor Peer Supporter

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Redditor, an interesting article. It seems to suggest your oral pain is more psychological than structural,
    so it looks to me like it's TMS from repressed emotions.

Have you tried learning what your re's are?

I think it's great that you have no emotional reaction to your pain, but have you totally 100 percent gotten
    to believe it is caused by repressed emotions? That's what it takes for TMS healing.

I found that journaling led me to discover my repressed emotions, and believe that most of them came from my childhood... sense of abandonment when parents divorced, growing up in poverty during the Great Depression of the 1930s when everyone worried about money. Marriages breaking up over it. Just like today, right?

Try to identify your repressed emotions. It can be stressful, but once you have all the cards out on the table and look at them, you can put them away, close the deck, and be pain-free.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.