1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Independence Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Steve Ozanich, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

From the movie, Independence Day, "The question of whether or not we are alone in the universe has been answered."

No ones "buying it" no one's reading it, no one's reviewing it. But we're not alone.

http://www.thepaindetective.com

Mermaid and North Star like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

"I listen to their stories. I probe. I ask questions that sometimes wander away from the description of the pain or how it happened. “Why do you need to know about my divorce?” they ask. “I’m here for my pain.” Sometimes I’m not exactly sure why I ask a particular question, but most of the time I’m trying to peer, bit by bit, into the soul of the problem. I’m trying the expose the festering wound of emotional and physical hurt. Pain doesn’t kill; it maims. Feelings seem to ignite it, and it seems to ignite feelings."

thepaindetective.com

This looks like an awesome book Steve. I'm so glad you brought it here for us to see. I will put it on my book list. I would love to read it, Awesome. Thanks pal, I know why you say no ones buying it. They still don't believe it is the emotional issues in mainstream. Theirs no way someone can set around for 30 years and never do that 1 thing that they always wanted to do and because of that hurt. No their stress could never be so bad as to cause the kind of pain they are having. Maybe soon somehow we can get a bigger bite of main stream on to this side that seems to be able to cure what others can't touch. One day my friend, one day.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I suspect the $36 price tag for the Kindle edition might explain in part the sluggish (or nonexistent) sales. (For me it did, anyway. My budget is quite tight!

Have you read this book, Steve?

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

$36, You have a good point North Star.

North Star likes this.
  5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

I have not read this book but I contacted the author. I will borrow the $36 from Forest and pay him back by mowing his lawn. That way I can still keep my paper route.

6. North Star

LOL…Maybe Forest will throw a few bucks my way too. The chilluns need shoes.

Do keep us informed, Steve. His table of contents looked fun and interesting.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't think we on Earth are alone in the universe.
    I think God is too smart to put all His eggs in one basket.

I think we Earthlings are His experiment with love -- how well and how much we love Him and each other
    and all His creatures, dogs and mice and gorillas included.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

The Pain Detective is awfully pricey. That turns me off right away.

It gives me the impression the author is out to make money and not to help people in pain.
    Herbie and I are charging the bare minimum that our publisher CreateSpace and seller amazon.com
    suggest to cover their expenses for the paperback and Kindle.
    By the way, the title is God Does Not Want You to Be In Pain.

We hope people will read our book and get well. That's worth more to us than money in our pockets.
    Same with your wonderful book, Steve. You wrote it to help others, not to get rich.

Anyway, the only writers today who get rich on their books are those who write about vampires.
    Writing one of those would give me TMS.

9. North Star

Walt, I couldn't figure out why the high price either. I know if you go with a publishing house, sometimes the price is beyond the control of the author but this one appears to be a self-pub. And for the life of me, I can't imagine why the price was high. I have a few friends who are best-selling authors and they'd be the first to tell you, that working with a publisher like Random House, is a poor way to think of making $$. (Yeah, with the exception of those dreadful vampire tales!)

And really….their hearts are just like your's and Herbie's. They self-pub a lot of material to keep price competitive but even before that…they give away TONS of free information on their websites and podcasts.

A bit of a tangent. We went to a rock and gem show today. We talked with one fellow…a sour puss of a guy who told us how careful he had to be because people were always trying to take advantage of him. "I have just a few good buyers," he said.

The other woman, from whom we bought a modest amount of samples, generously gave of advice and expertise. We concluded our business transaction with a hug and an invite from me for dinner.

I would suspect gem seller #2 makes a ton more money…even after she steeply discounts some of her prices, like she did for us.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I will most defiantly mow a lawn or two Steve o, I really get into all of the TMS books. So full of good and healthy stuff for your mind and body.:)

North Star likes this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

North Star, the gem show must have been nice and a pleasant distraction.
    Hope you're enjoying the samples.

I had most of my books published by traditional publishers and hardly ever made much money.
    I love self-publishing with CreateSpace. I've had some published that I tried on traditional publishers
    for years.

I have to learn more about marketing so I can sell some of the new books I've had published
    with CreateSpace.

12. North Star

The gem show as indeed pleasant. So many lessons we can learn from this earth we take for granted. The beautiful surprises one can find within what appears to be a mudball gets me thinking.

Walt, if you're looking for help with marketing, check out the community at 48days.net. The founder, Dan Miller, is a friend of mine and the community is a robust and helpful group of artists, writers and entrepreneurs. There are specific groups for writers and lots of great ideas on marketing your self-pub books.

13. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Speaking of expensive... the Monte Hueftle "Master practice" program was a eye-watering $99. So far, essential reading has been the obvious Sarno and Steve O books, plus Claire Weekes, and of course Dr Emmett Miller's "Deep Healing". I'm sure I'll be adding Herbie & Walt's book to that list soon:)

Monte Hueftle's audios (part of the $99 package) are okay, but they got a bit repetitive, so all in all I felt it was a lot of money for not much reward.

BTW North Star I LOVE the new pup! Sooo cute! I'm toying with the idea of getting a wee doggie myself! Saw a Chiwawa in my local cafe the other day and picked him up and fell in love!

North Star and Mermaid like this.
  14. North Star

My staples so far have been Sarno and SteveO's books. I got "Focusing" by Eugene Genlin (sp) but can't say it's rocking my world.

So glad you like my new baby, Colly. Funny…Chiwawas are spelled Chihuahua here. If I remember right the breed originates from Chihuahua, Mexico hence the non-English spelling. Those too are an adorable breed!

15. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

North Star, thanks so much for the lead on marketing self-published books, at 48days.net and Dan Miller.
    I will look into it this afternoon.

Chihuahuas are adorable, but Daisy and Annie would wonder what they are.

North Star likes this.