1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Incredible progress but exhausting

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hedger, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

My pain is down to about 5-15% depending on circumstances. So on average I´m like 90% better! That is soooo good and feeling more calm and joy. However, this has happened short term before to me when I have gotten very excited about something fixing me or been very happy (like first Kiropractor visits).

One thing that is new though is that I have never felt this relaxed in my muscles between my shoulders. Its incredible...

I have been actively feeling my sadness a lot (not aware of before). I have cried every day several times. What helped me connect with these emotions are listening to the recorded session with like Ginger and Kelly in the "TMS Recovery Program". I just connect with my sadness without thinking about why, and start crying. Listening to the recordings help me do this. Sometimes cry for 1 min, sometimes for 5 min. Sometimes it fades, and comes back again within a few minutes. I always feels awesome afterwards.

Done some Journaling, here mostly anger comes out. Maybe because I have chosen those topics so far. I can already tell I have much more anger to process.

I have some fear for a serious progress set-back to come sooner or later.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

If I may make a recommendation...write a journal about how good you feel (hopefully you are still feeling good as I am writing a couple of weeks after you posted this). If and when you have a setback (which happens to most TMS people I believe), you will want to return to your success story for motivation. The fact that your pain quickly improved with TMS treatment and with previous treatment is great evidence that the pain is in fact TMS. Remember that whenever you have doubts. If the pain lessens once, it can do it again. Keep up the good work!

Hedger likes this.
  3. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

I agree with you to also highlight good feelings. I try to end every journaling session with positive notes, and also try to express joy loudly when experienced (like when I have a pain free 5km run). I have not yet written down the positive effects structurally to be able to re-visit during tougher times, so that is a good tip.

I still have significant less pain, with some flare ups every other day (and at new places). It´s not killing my motivation yet, it´s more like all the emotional exploring is exhausting me and I need to take a break for a day sometimes because I don't have the energy. But I´m still fully motivated and committed to continue! Sleep has improved also =)

Thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Nothing wrong with a break every once in a while. I think it took me almost 50 days to do the 40 day program, and I probably could have taken more time off.

Hedger and Balsa11 like this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hugely good report hedger! So glad you're making progress and connecting the dots. You're internalizing the ability to feel and express sadness with your improvement. This is foundational and very important!! And you're more in touch with your anger. All of this is great work.

Hedger, ssxl4000 and Balsa11 like this.