1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Increasing night pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by momoftwins, Oct 21, 2016.

1. momoftwins

momoftwins Newcomer

Day 3 of SEP and I feel as though I am better managing my pain and symptoms during the day.

However, my pain during the night has been increasing, now to the point where I can't sleep for more than a 1 hour stretch before the pain wakes me up. It doesn't matter whether I have moved or not, the pain seems to become intense for not particular reason...

I am wondering if anyone else experiences this, and if it is common with TMS?

My concern is that this trend is consistent when cancer is present. The same thing happened to my uncle.

If anyone has any input or similar experiences I'd love to hear about it!

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

This was common for me. I also developed migraines in my sleep. The unconscious can still create symptoms while we sleep. It is all TMS.

But if you are concerned about cancer, it is always wise to be cleared by a medical doctor before assuming you have TMS.

momoftwins likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, momoftwins. I agree with Ellen that you should have a checkup to make sure you don't have cancer or anything else that may cause the pain. Most likely it is emotional. Being the mother of twins could do that! It's not good to go to Dr. Google for medical advice. That can lead to false diagnosis.

momoftwins likes this.
  4. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

Hi momoftwins,

I had a similar experience: my pain increased at night quite a bit. For a few nights, I had to use some hot packs to relieve the pain in order to get to sleep.

In my case, I'd do reading about TMS at night. I've heard the symptoms can ramp up when it tries to distract you from learning more about it. Thankfully, that's passed for me and now nights aren't any more painful than any other time of the day.

momoftwins likes this.