1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Increase in pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kitkatie124, Jan 6, 2016.

1. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

This might be TMI but for three days I had an increase of shooting pains in my genital/anal area after working on this program :(. Pelvic floor muscle and nerves I'm guessing and my pelvic region below my belly button just has a general achy feeling. I took a muscle relaxer (haven't taken one since April) but it didn't do anything besides put me to sleep. I'm feeling confused if anyone could help me I'm scared to keep trying.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Pain intensifying or moving is a great sign. The truth is wanting to be known. Keep at and good luck, don't give up there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Grateful17 and kitkatie124 like this.
  3. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

Day 8: I am having the same issue. My pain has been off the charts and in different places than before. I really can see that my unconscious mind is fighting hard to hold down whatever it is that is trying to come up and it is not going to win this time. I am determined to keep doing my work. I know a break through is coming. You hang in and hold on. I took a muscle relaxant too. We WILL MAKE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE. I read this today. Helps me to remember to have patience. My unconscious mind has been converting emotions to pain for 15 years..this may take some time, but I will keep doing the work until I win.
    SARNO: the goal of treatment is to change the unconscious minds reaction to emotional states. When this has been accomplished pain will cease.

breakfree and kitkatie124 like this.
  4. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I know I had many episodes in which my pain increased and it took me some time to work through it but it was so worth it!! I have always lived with a lot of fear and I came to feel that the fear is just fuel to the pain. The pain will not continue to increase, it will get better. Try to find something soothing to take the edge off a bit and not worry about tomorrow. You are on the right track and the TMS is successfully finding a way to regain your attention and distract you.

kitkatie124 likes this.
  5. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Kitkatie,
    Rest assured you are on the right track. Any change at all in your symptoms (even an increase) is proof that you are engaging your sub/conscious and autonomic nervous system that is causing the symptoms. What you are experiencing is normal and just a natural part of healing and rewiring your brain. Always remember that your conscious brain can override that fear response that keeps us stuck and in a trauma loop.

By rising above the symptoms, we can prune away those maladapted neural networks in the brain. Your True Indifference to the symptoms will help to do this and change the conditioned responses, thus easing the symptoms.......

mike2014 likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kitkatie. The others have it right. Pain can increase when we get closer to discovering the repressed emotions that our subconscious sends us. It does that as a friend, not an enemy. It wants us to think about the emotions that cause our pain. Our subconscious actually loves us. If we're good to it,
    it will be good to us. I like what Anne and Grateful say. Don't worry about tomorrow, and maintain a true indifference to the symptoms.

Grateful17 likes this.