1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

In Therapy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by plum, Jul 3, 2016.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Late last night I was channel hopping and saw a programme on Channel 5 that promised to be car-crash tv at its finest. It was the first in a series of celebrities in therapy.

I reserve a particular contempt for celebrity culture in general but I thought it may be interesting. And it was. If you put aside the public carnage this woman has been through you are left with a raw and authentic insight into what goes on in therapy. I thought it may be of interest to people here.

The therapist is Mandy Saligari and this is the link to her site:

http://www.mandysaligari.com/ (Mandy Saligari – Addiction, Parenting and Relationships expert)

There are some videos on topics like co-dependency and bullying that are worth watching.

The actress concerned is Danniella Westbrook who has been through the bowels of hell very publicly during the best part of the last thirty years. Fellow Brits do not be deterred by the fact she is the one featured. I came away with a huge measure of compassion for the lass.

Fair warning the programme contains offensive language and touches on child abuse, rape*, drugs and addiction so if these things trouble or trigger you it may be best avoided.

*The youtube version appears edited to exclude this disclosure. It was chilling so I am not entirely surprised.

God bless you Danniella. May you find the peace and healing your soul so desperately seeks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, plum. Thanks very much for posting this video. It sure covers some stressful subjects.

I think celebrities can have a lot of TMS emotional pain. It comes to the famous, not famous, rich and poor. It's kind of good to know everyone can have emotional pain. Misery does love company.

plum likes this.