1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

In anticipation...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by starseed, Nov 29, 2018.

1. starseed

starseed Peer Supporter

I’m eagerly awaiting the arrival of Steve O’s book The Great Pain Deception that I obtained via Amazon in the UK. Currently sitting in my husband’s suitcase but I have to wait until next Fri for his return and to get my hands on it! I’m particularly interested in Steve’s ‘affliction’ with numbness/tingling/paresthesia as it’s one of my most worrying symptoms as I seem to have this in different degrees all over. My back issue is slowly improving so I’m getting there. Bring on the G.P.D. !! :bookworm: :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think of GDP as the Encyclopedia of TMS. Steve also does a great job of connecting Freud's theories to the TMS mechanism.

Dorado and starseed like this.
  3. starseed

starseed Peer Supporter

That’s good to know Jan thank you.

4. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Starseed,
    I just wanted to offer a few sentences of encouragement while you wait on Steve's amazing book. I had numbness and shooting pains in both of my feet and behind my left knee for several years. Since finding out about TMS, I'm thrilled to say I have been recovered for almost a year. I wasn't a book cure, my healing journey has taken a while. Please don't be discouraged if at the end of Steve's book you aren't "instantly" cured. It will come in time. Sending healing thoughts to you.

Coffeeplease, JanAtheCPA and starseed like this.
  5. Coffeeplease

Coffeeplease Peer Supporter

I'm about half way through the book, and improving. Just keep in mind everyone is different, stay positive and don't give up. I've had really good days and days where my entire body felt on fire, but I remind myself it's part of the process and employ what I've learned thus far. My healing has been slow and I'm totally ok with that, I only want to do this once :) Just having this forum of wonderful folks who give incredible insight, support and understand what we are going through helps so much!

HattieNC, starseed and JanAtheCPA like this.