1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Improving yet frustrated

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DC123, Jul 29, 2016.

1. DC123

DC123 New Member

Quick recap - I had mid and low back pain and sacrum pain for 7 months (not been able to workout and do any physical activity).

I have been working on battling my TMS for about three weeks now, day three with the SEP. I have already been able to get back into the gym, sit for longer periods, and play with my dog. I feel like I am beginning to truly improve.

What is frustrating is my symptoms changing. Two weeks ago I developed some stomach issues (bloating and pain after every meal) as my back pain decreased. I was able to apply some of the same principals to my stomach and it seemed to decrease my stomach problems, it comes and goes. This morning I felt good so I went on a long walk, for the most part I felt great (back and stomach) but at the end I got a sharp jolting pain in my left hip. The pain in my hip has not really decreased all morning. It seems like I have not had a moment to really feel "normal". If I am able to get one thing down another pops up.

But I guess that is part of the battle. I am sure many have had similar situations, just felt like it would be good to write it down.

Have a good day!

Ines likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, DC. You are making wonderful progress. Returning to exercise at the gym, sitting for longer periods, and playing with your dog. I am a great dog lover and know that dogs have been a big reason I am 86 and have been pain-free most of my life. They keep me happy and active, playing with them and walking them.

You are bound to have some pain sometimes. Try to accept it as part of TMS healing. Keep journaling to discover repressed emotions and/or personality traits that cause pain, such as perfectionism and being a person who knocks themself out trying to please people and be liked. Like yourself... that's much more important. I beet if you journaled about the good things you've done for others, the more you will like yourself.

As for feeling "normal," I doubt anyone feels they are without pain or anxiety all the time. Not in these stressful times. We take things as well as we can, and I like to laugh off what I can't manage one way or another.

Ines likes this.
  3. Ines

Ines Well known member

I think you are lucky that you are having symptoms move around. That means it's working. Keep going!

DC123 likes this.
  4. DC123

DC123 New Member

Thank you for the support!