1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Improving but still a ways to go

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JonT, Mar 6, 2017.

1. JonT

JonT Newcomer

I am now biking between 10-15km 3 times a week (I started biking again at the end of January after not biking for 8 or 9 months). And I'm going to the gym once or twice a week to do light weights. But I still have weird sensations of tightness in both my right leg, and my right forearm and wrist. Having these sensations still makes me fearful while doing activity, and also makes me hesitant to increase the amount of activity I'm doing. I find that meditating and doing body scans are the most effective way for me to accept these sensations as not being harmful.

2. If 6 was 9

If 6 was 9 Peer Supporter

Hi JonT, that's good to hear that you're able to do all that. It sounds like now that you've proved you can do the things you want to do, you want to go ahead and get to where you used to be?
    There's no rush, maybe give it another week and you could try one time just increasing the load or maybe the distance? But if you're cycling three times a week and going to the gym twice, that's a lot of activity. I would feel pretty damn pleased with myself if I was doing that much! My main battle is with will power, I've discovered I've got an abundance of won't power ;-)

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JonT. I agree, easy does it with exercise. Try to increase a little at a time. And try not to fear hurting yourself. Your body will tell you if you are doing too much.