1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Impromptu Fund Drive for the PTPN

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by PamD, Jun 10, 2015.

1. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

I was watching PBS and they are having another fund drive and it made me think of doing something like that here to support the Wiki and Forum as I know they do not run themselves and are not without expense.

This is my thought; for the next 10 days let's have a fund drive. From today through June 19th click the link to make a donation of any amount. A cool thing to do is you can set it up to make a recurring donation. For instance, a monthly donation, like the amount of your coffee and roll, say $10 can be set up to automatically to go to the Wiki/Forum on a monthly basis. Painless and helpful. I have been doing this for several other "memberships" that I have and it is easy for me and good for them.

Here is a link to the donation page. At the end of the week I will post the results of donations made via Paypal to see how we did!

Boston Redsox likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks so much for posting this, PamD. Every hour of every day, we have about 200 pages being viewed on our site - generally from people who are wanting to learn about TMS. We want to help these people, but it is quite expensive. For example, just our server alone costs us $123/month, and staffing costs dwarf that amount. We only have about 8-10 donors so far, so any donation, no matter how small helps, particularly if it is a recurring donation. Even if it is only $5/month, every little bit matters.

Even if we could get just one recurring donor out of this impromptu drive, I'd be quite happy. :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    IrishSceptic likes this.
  3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Done! You can now be happy Forest:)

PamD and Forest like this.
  4. Forest

Wow, Colly, I'm really happy! Thank you so much!! dancea

My girlfriend has dubbed you "a sustainer!" :D

Colly likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I will do it today Forrest thx for doing this.

PamD likes this.
  6. David88

David88 Well known member

Are donations tax-deductible?

7. Forest

8. David88

David88 Well known member

I'm happy to contribute. This site is a great resource.

PamD likes this.
  9. Forest

Thanks, David! The more donors we have the more likely we will be to be successful when and if we ever get to the point of applying for grants.

There are many very worth nonprofits that we can donate to, but it always seems particularly meaningful to donate to a nonprofit that one has a personal connection to. We're such a small nonprofit that every donation seems like a big donation, and you can be assured that every single dollar you donate will go straight to paying the the monthly fees that keep this forum online.

PamD likes this.
  10. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

Two new donations so far and one is a sustainer aka monthly donation amount! Yay! Thanks everyone and Forest for doing such great work!

11. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

You know, I've never noticed the Donate button before and have wondered about it. I wonder if it should be a little more prominent or on a few more pages? Obviously, you don't want to shove it peoples faces, but you don't want to make it hard to find, either.

12. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Forgot will do this week forgot

Forest likes this.
  13. Forest

Yes, that has been on my todo list for a while. Securing adequate funding is vital for any nonprofit, but my nature is to get more excited by something like building a Mindbody Blog Aggregator than working on fundraising. That's why I'm so appreciative of Pam making this post.

Two places where I could put it would be right justified at the top of the main list of subforums or at the top of every page to the right of where it says "Tension Myositis Syndrome (TMS) Discussion Forum," opposite the logo. How does that sound? Any other ideas?

14. Cap'n Spanky

Let me give it some thought and I'll get back to you, Forrest. I'm at work, so its not the best time. I don't want to short change you.

15. Cap'n Spanky

Forrest - I think the top right of every page would be a great place for a donate button.

PamD likes this.
  16. PamD

PamD Peer Supporter

I have tallied up the donations (gifts) that were received from the impromptu fund drive. We raised $80. One of these generous donors has also contributed an ongoing monthly gift. In addition, we have had another donor that has been gifting a monthly amount, she is a valued member from the UK!

Thank you so much to the donors for your support! Every little bit helps to keep the forum up and running.

17. Mala

Mala Well known member

Made my donation. Pam & Forest this is the Confirmation number: 1JF25992YR795560V.

Bumping this up for members who missed this.

Mala

PamD likes this.