1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 30 Important relationships

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 18, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

The most important relationships are the people I see on a daily and weekly basis: daughter, husband, mother.

Since discovering that needing to be taken care of is my deepest need, I was first resentful of my husband, but now he understands it and has been so receptive and helpful around the house. Just his little extra effort has changed my attitude towards him so much.

With my mother, I realize that she is TMS'ing herself, and so although our relationship is not very open and I still don't talk to her about personal matters, I don't feel as much anger or resentment towards her.

My relationship with my 3-year old hasn't changed from this program. Children are just so wonderfully innocent and positive. But I am more mindful of trying to be present when I'm playing with her. So many times, I'm with her, but not really "with" her - thinking about other things I'd rather be doing or trying to multi-task. I had a good day with her yesterday of just being with her and enjoying it.

Stella likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, prisd. I'm glad your husband is pitching in more to help you. As for your mother, I like this advice from actress Kate Winsleet ""Titanic."

“Every woman has a mother, and every woman will have an issue with that mother and things that mother did or didn’t do. It just depends on how you choose to process the lessons that you learned from your own mother.”

Stella likes this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I love your focus on being present with your young daughter, prisd. What a wonderful gift to offer someone--your undivided attention. That's difficult to do these days, between smart phones, iPads, and other devices that we focus on.