1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Important notes from Highly sensitive people - 21 st chapter - Steve Ozanich

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 24, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

• The Type T chronic symptom sufferer is an extremely aware or sensitive personality
    • What many consider as simple things bothers highly sensitive people.
    • They take criticism more personally and will dig deeper caves to avoid confrontation.
    • Avoids any situation that could posibbly turn confrontational.
    • Too aware of what others need.
    • Highly sensitive individuals often tell me that they fear hearing of a certain ailment because they fear they may just get it. Ailments can indeed be induced by fear of those same ailments. However fear can be turned into a Vehicle for success as proven by some of the greatest.

Pain serves as a message. One should reflect on his life and decide to start a new one small step at a time.
    One should become more spiritually aware/ Follow what Dr Sarno said i.e become more active physically

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

Too aware of what others need is one I can definitely relate to.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I find that others need pretty much what I need. They and I need to take the &$#%^ that life throws at us and not expect to have a trouble or worry-free life. Even billionaires like Donald Trump have anxieties and worries. He worries that he won't become President of the United States. As if who would want that impossible job? Tom Cruise worries that his next movie will be a flop, or that people will say some more nasty things about his sexuality. Who cares?
    I don't! Even Mother Teresa worried that maybe there isn't a God. She really had her doubts at times, probably when she saw so many poor people around her in India and other countries But she kept caring for the poor anyway and I believe that strengthened her faith.

I think most people who have highly sensitive have TMS. We're "goodists" who care about others. But you know what? If goodism causes TMS pain, I'll take the pain. Jesus did. If He could, so can I. I'll take the pain and endure it to thank Him for dying for me, and for us. Am I religious nut? No. I am just a speck in the sand among billions of people struggling to get through this life, hoping there is a next one and it will be better. I am 85 now and look forward to no more bills or mortgage payments, no more computer problems, no more screaming kids in the neighborhood. No more pain.

Meanwhile, I'll keep being highly sensitive. That's how the Lord made me, and He knows best.

End of sermon. Go in peace and may God love you. I do.

My computer just crashed, but thank God this was saved.

4. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I always love reading your replies.
    Good references about the celebrities you mentioned :)

5. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I can definitely relate to this, as I seem to have some of the HSP symptoms listed on Elaine Aron's website.

6. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

-so beautiful. God gets us through. I ask him to "send me," although it causes me pain at times.