1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I'm off and - almost running!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, Jan 2, 2018.

1. birder

birder Well known member

Just completed my Day 1 assignments. The video and the success story by Baseball65 were mind-blowing. I'm trying to do a few things differently right from the start. This morning when I woke up an hour before I needed to BE up, instead of lying in bed thinking about my pain or stressing over the divorce, I listened to some excellent guided meditations: one for relaxation and healing energy, and one for releasing anger. After breakfast when I walked my good dog Aggie, I had a lot of pain and "catching" in my ankle. Normally I would have turned back at the end of the block for fear of making things worse. Today I continued my walk, up the hill and around the neighborhood, just enjoying the light of the new year. The ankle got looser and looser. Then I took a couple of jogging steps! Aggie got very excited. Hang in there pup, this is a taste of our future!
    I'm still embroiled in physical therapy, MRI results, and all the things I do to ward off the pain, so I still iced the ankle when I got home. But my face feels more relaxed and I noticed I'm not making that "Grumpy Cat" face. For the first time in weeks I was talking freely and even cracking jokes. A good start to a new era.

Sita and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yay! I just read your story, and you've certainly got a lot to deal with - but making this choice and being here is an awesome step, a wonderful gift to yourself and for your kids, and the start of a new way to live.

You go, girl!

~Jan

Lizzy likes this.
  3. birder

birder Well known member

Thanks, Jan!