1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I'm new and nervous

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dreamweaver, Feb 28, 2020.

1. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

I'm starting day one and I'm a little scared since I never joined a forum befor talking about my problems lol. I hope to meet people here that can pass there wisdom on with my question, and hope to one day do the same to someone else.
    I have join mainly for my alopecia areata (since looking deeper into it I am convinced is equivalent to tms) my neck and shoulder pain and chronic fatigue, oh also to help with the recurring foot pain from an old foot fracture. I used to have carpel tunnel and now it has been basically circulated out of the loop of symptoms it seems. I truly believe I am experiencing tms since they circulate. I just want to know if anyone else had hair loss and chronic fatigue and cured from it with tms.

Hop to hear from someone and all the best to all

JanAtheCPA and ssxl4000 like this.
  2. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

Wishing you all the best on your journey. It does sound like TMS. I feel fatigued quite a lot at the moment, and am seeing it slowly improve

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy! I am healed from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and IBS with Constipation, plus some other nagging things. I never had hair loss, but that is known to be linked to stress. If you have doubts, a doctor visit (if you have not already) to run some basic labs should rule out any scary disease that could cause the fatigue and hair loss. I had seen doctors for over a year before I found out about TMS, so it was easy for me to accept that nothing was physically wrong with me by that point. As far as the pains go in your neck, shoulder, and feet, it definitely sounds like you are in the right place. Dr. Sarno's books are a great way to learn how such pain is almost always psychological. Good luck!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

Thank you so much Glenn I appreciate th feed back. Did this help befor with your fatigue or just starting?

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

Thanx so much for the reply. I have a hypothyroid condition but I have taken all the medication and I take supplement. alopecia areata appears for me after stressfull issue. I have taken all the precautions I need and I just feel like this is another tms. I think the amount of time and effort I put into my "ailments" whether it's alopecia, stomach issue , neck pain etc makes me think I am being distracted from deeper issues since I'm always in a cycle.
    Thank you for your feed back. I will reread dr Sarno book again Thanx for the reminder

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.