1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I'm having a breakdown

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Shelly, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Shelly

Shelly New Member

In a good way I think...

Hi everyone, I just found this group yesterday. I won't bore anyone with my story, I did type it in my profile though if you're curious.

I have been reading through these posts and just weeping and weeping and weeping. I have spent so many years with so much pain and so many doctors that each time I went to a new one I was so hopeful that they would fix me and then yet another disappointment. Until I no longer have faith in medicine. One problem after another that no one understands. Nothing that they know how to fix. Some days I would feel like I was getting control and then it would be gone again and I would have to start all over figuring out how to be brave through it.

and then finally... here you all are and you're telling my story.

I hope so badly that this is the beginning of putting this behind me. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I'm so overwhelmed with hope that I just can't stop crying. Maybe that's a form of release in itself, yes?

It's a pleasure to meet each and every one of you.

Shelly

Lala likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Shelly!

I too have found this online community to be a huge support. It's been a little over a year and I am now almost entirely free of pain. It would be hard to believe if I hadn't lived through it myself.

Look forward to seeing you around on here

Lala likes this.
  3. Stella

Stella Well known member

What a story Shelly. You have come to the right place. I need to get my posted. I have had many many of the same symptoms but most now all gone. I found Sarno in August then this program late October. What a learning experience. Welcome Sandy

Lala likes this.
  4. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi Shelly...take care. You will find a lot of support here. I learnt about TMS few months back and have found some relief but have a long way to go. Good luck to you in your healing process and hope we can support each other and be successful soon.

Lala likes this.