1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I'm doing well

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jaumeb, Feb 29, 2020.

1. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

I write just to let you know that I no longer connect to this forum because I am doing well.

Aimee88, Dorado, TG957 and 3 others like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice, @jaumeb! I remember when you were posting helpful and encouraging responses for others, about three years ago I think, as you were beginning to experience your own healing process. Thank you for checking in and letting us know you're still out there and living your life after TMS!

I might move this to the Success Stories subforum dancea

Dorado and TG957 like this.
  3. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

Thanks to those of you that created and maintain this forum. What helped me the most was to read the books and observing the symptoms. Then challenging the symptoms and starting to live a normal live, little by little. Around 2015 I lost my job because of the TMS symptoms. Now I work full time, I am in a relationship and I am in the process of buying a house.

TMS still hits very often. Sometimes I can guess the reasons and other times I cannot. Sometimes I have doubts regarding whether a particular symptom is TMS or not. Anyway, I am no longer as scared of the symptoms as I used to be.

4. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

By the way, when I said "observing the symptoms" in the last post I really meant "thinking psychologically". In the sense of observing when the symptom start and try to link that start to some psychological events. Also, observing the symptoms as they follow weird patterns such as moving around or coming and going with no reason. When the symptom makes a "mistake" and behaves in an inconsistent manner, it is easier to understand that it iscreated by my own brain.

Oh! And I think it is true that the pain is there to distract us from bad feelings. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if some bad feeling arise as the pain goes away.

5. jaumeb

jaumeb Peer Supporter

I signed in just to say that I keep doing well :)