1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 I'm back today!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by NewGwen, Jul 17, 2015.

1. NewGwen

NewGwen Newcomer

Weirdly (or not), my back pain was much better today! Every time it creeps up, I just remind myself that it's all mental, I must be stressed, and so I should take a breath. Great potential from just one day.

As for today's exercise, what makes me angry?

- Boss doubting my potential and second guessing me, with a hint of condescension in his voice
    - I can't stick to my healthy eating regimen 100% of the time
    - I'm afraid I took a job that's below my expertise level, and that I'll fall behind my peers in status and pay. Angry for myself for not interviewing harder and longer

What makes me sad?

- Boyfriend may leave the city we live in for a job, which would be extremely hard
    - I don't get to see friends as often with my new job
    - #1 is enough for two bullets here

Although my life is more under control now than it was when I was a student, I still don't have a routine down and have some major personal and professional stressors in my life right now. No doubt this is leading to my back pain.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, NewGwen. It sounds like you're doing well with the pain. Keep reminding yourself it's emotional and not structural.

Work stress and the boyfriend who may move away are good reasons to feel TMS pain.
    My book publisher boss often can cause me to want to strangle him, but then I realize he keeps me in work and pay (not much
    but enough to keep going). It could be worse, although it could be better. I think most jobs and bosses are that way today.

I guess you can't fault your boyfriend for maybe moving so he can get a good job.

I try to eat right all the time but sometimes go off and treat myself to something they say is not good for us. It keeps life on the upswing.

NewGwen likes this.