1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Parts Therapy I'm baaaaaack!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, Jul 6, 2014.

1. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Update to IFS fans: I hope that all who expressed interest in Internal Family Systems have been having a good self-led time in the past few months. Funny how “good” is such a flexible word, eh? Personally, I’ve been sick (the ‘flu), harried (mostly by sheep who are not as docile as one is often led to believe), nerve-wracked, bug-bit, and occasionally ready to move into an apartment in downtown wherever (insert name of nearest big city). Well, not quite ready, but close.

At the same time, it’s been a wonderful spring and early summer. The big event was a non-event. I hit some kind of a plateau in my IFS work. For a short time, I even stopped attending Karen’s Thursday phone meetings. No reason I could articulate. Just somehow I was always “too tired” and begged off.

Of course, these were parts and their opinions. I’m not sure who was blocking what awareness. It felt, almost, like there were internal family meetings going on with things getting worked out in my subconscious… I wonder if that experience sounds familiar to anyone else?

Anyway, two events transpired to put me back into conscious Self. An email from Karen said she was extremely busy herself and wondered if the time had come to disband the telephone meetings. Good heavens, NO!!! was my vote.

The other event occurred when I came across TRE (Trauma Release Exercises), the brainchild of Dr. David Berceli who travels the world teaching traumatized people in war and earthquake zones how to “shake off” their stress. Just what I needed despite the supposedly tranquil nature of my rural home. I set up 3 Skype sessions with practitioner, Jane Courtney, who lives in Vancouver, and off we went.

If you haven’t explored TRE (and have stress-related problems) I highly recommend you take a look. There are tons of videos on youtube.com and a quick google search will take you to Dr. Berceli’s web site. While it looks a bit scary at first, it’s not. Quite the contrary. It feels absolutely lovely and is sooo relaxing.

Meanwhile, I did a few sessions by phone with Karen and Laura (thank you, ladies) and am now back to being able to do my own self led IFS.

All in all, a “good” time. Not without challenges but that’s okay.

Hope everyone else has also been meeting and learning from their challenges. Do feel free to share, if you want to.

PS: I'm going to post this on the IFS Mailing List, as well, for those who receive that.

Colly likes this.