1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 40 I'm almost done!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MellieV, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

I can't believe I'm here on day 40!
    I just wanted to thank everyone here on the SEP forum for your responses, inspiration, and encouragement along the way. I couldn't have made it this far through the program without posting and reading this particular forum's message board. I would have surely given up if it wasn't for checking in here everyday. It was a great motivator.

Yesterday I had an almost completely pain free day! At one point, for many hours, I could easily declare my pain was a ZERO!!

giantsfan likes this.
  2. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

thanks mellie this is awesome I have been watching you and your posts ( sorry if that sounds creepy lol). You're making great progress.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi MellieV,

Thanks for the update. This is wonderful, and expected!!

I think what you'll notice is that this kind of experience becomes common, and longer. Then the "need" to monitor the pain drops away even more, and it therefore pain ceases to be an issue at all.

Andy B

Gigi likes this.
  4. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Mellie you go girl! I am following your journey to the recovery and I am so happy for you. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to the pain free days.

5. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

LOL! Not creepy at all, Brendan. That's exactly what I do, too. Somedays I post, other days I just read through. This place, and you all, are truly my motivators for completing the SEP.

brendan537 likes this.
  6. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

When you're in pain 24/7 like I am ( lower back ) its nice to see success stories it makes me not want to give up

7. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

You are right, that is exactly what is happening for me. This was no overnight miracle. I continue to go at a snail's pace, but I am now hopeful. I am still struggling a bit with monitoring, so I hope that will lessen slowly but surely over time as well. Thanks!!

8. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

I am telling you, I was in pain 24/7 too. This past October, November, December...I couldn't see an end to the way I was feeling, both mentally and physically. It was truly my darkest time. At first, going one day without crying was a victory for me. I took (and am still taking) the turtle's approach to this - slow and steady. I still have a lot to work on, especially pain monitoring, but now I have real hope. This is no miracle overnight success for me, but it's something. I know you will see your own personal progress soon!

9. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Thank you, ashoo! I read all of your posts, as well. My journey is far from over, but my progress to this point is undeniable. I give 100% credit of that to this program. You all are not getting rid of me after I complete the SEP. LOL!!