1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 I'm a legalist!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

(I'm amused by the readiness of others to call themselves perfectionists or goodists, while I haven't yet met the legalists on this forum.)

Well, the topic for today's journaling is to address a personality trait, and being the contrary person that I am, I chose legalist.

How does this contribute to my stress illnesses? Very simply: While I know that there is an absolute, objective Truth, and, therefore, right and wrong, I also know that we're all walking around with damaged moral compasses. And, this causes repeated instances of incongruency in my own mind, as well as in my expectations of others. Dropping the expectations leaves me with distrust. If you understand anything of what I've just written, you can rightly imagine that I spend too much energy figuratively banging my head against the wall. bangheada

But at least I'm laughing at what I just wrote In fact, I believe that God has given me the gift of Joy,:joyful: and that I'm probably the happiest :happy: person I know, (but with a headache, [thankfully, usually only a figurative headache.])

One of the things I'm joyful about is understanding that my stress illnesses (TMS) don't require doctors, PT, drugs, or surgery. And, I'm even more joyful when I remember that God is the only One Who will never disappoint me.

Thanks for reading, and peace be with you.

2. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Irene. I feel warm and fuzzy after reading your post. You definitely have the right attitude.
    I also agree that God is the only one who will never disappoint me, but I have to add the same for dogs.
    And dog, of course, is god spelled backwards.

Keep being happy and you will have a fantastic new year and also will be spreading joy to others.

I love the Calvin and Hobbes clip. And it helped me remember the name of a friend's son, for their visit next week.
    It's Calvin. I think they named him after Coolidge, but I have forgiven them for their politics.