1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ignore the pain vs feel the feeling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Un0wut2du, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

I believe both to be necessary but I am unable to understand them as separates. I have made tons of progress with TMS working in not giving the pain power. Ignoring. But the long time pain (groin/pelvis) has been difficult so I’ve found a great therapist I love. She’s a firm mind/body believer. We have started at the beginning and she feels that I don’t “feel” feelings. I intellectualize. The old emotional pain is trapped in the body. I need to feel the feelings. And, we feel in our bodies. Not our heads. This is new to me. I am to ignore the pain.... but feel in my body!?! I don’t get it. Help!!

Saffron likes this.
  2. toast38coza

toast38coza New Member

3. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

I actually now understand what Alan is talking about here. And to think for decades I had no idea what this meant.... My confusion is over feeling them AND not caring. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to go through that entire program again.

4. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi Un0... (difficult name )

I have the same problem.
    ‘Confusion about feeling but not caring’
    But maybe i am not confused but find it hard to do this... my understanding about this is :
    Not having feelings about your feelings’
    Does that make sense? so alowing yourself to feel whatever you feel and be Okay with it : both happy and sad feelings. Let all the feelings come without rejecting them with your interlectual thinking about them’

Maybe someone of the more experienced members can reply on this
    Hope i get it. The hard part is alowing it all and be fine with it

5. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Every emotion brought on changes in our body. When we angry our face turn red, we talk and breath louder and faster, we tensed up. When we're sad we feel tire and lazy, can't focus, no energy to do anything... When we feel our feelings we just let the feelings happen, just let those changes in our body happen without having any reaction to them. Just observe it happening. Don't add anything to it. Don't get involve. Just "Float".

karinabrown likes this.
  6. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Thanks Balto
    I guess i ‘got it’ just must practice not to interact