1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

If you are stuck.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Baseball65, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have been reading a lot of threads, questions and statements. Having been fully and effectively cured for a long time I think I’ll just drop a generic simple truth that’s helped me whenever I have been stuck.

That same ego that exists to keep us stable and consistent is also a jailer. Everything I THINK I KNOW is the problem. There is no way to outthink your ego....as eckhart tolle said, it’s like the chief of police looking for an arsonist when the chief of police IS the arsonist.

Every time I have been stuck in this work I am always driven to the same “bottom” if you will.

Maybe EVERYTHING I am thinking in this very busy mind is WRONG

Just like when we first read about Sarno and we went “hey... this is a better explanation than the one twenty doctors gave me!” We had to chuck everything we thought we knew and start over.

Truth doesn’t care what I think about it...it just putters right along beside me

If your stuck. You might want to try setting aside your thoughts about everything. You need not worry about the truth...it always makes its way back to the top like a cork in water

Jules, Lainey, Free of Fear and 4 others like this.
  2. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Really intriguing post. As you’ve probably noticed by now, I’m trying desperately to seek the truth…even if it means creating a System by which to fool the brain and gain access the unconscious mind. I’m been brainstorming many methods and even Blood Moon seems interested and may share some thoughts!

Having read your post, it sounds like it won’t be as easy as I originally thought. Especially the bit about the Chief of Police = arsonist. I believe this is why The System hasn’t progressed further than just a basic idea and some rudimentary ideas revolving around tools and methodology. Anyway, If I’m understanding this correctly the truth just putters alongside of us and we needn’t worry about seeking it? It is only when we stop seeking the truth that we can set our minds free?

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I don’t know about “tricking my brain”. I do know that “seek until you find... when you find you will become troubled...when you become troubled you will become astonished and rule over the all”.

We all live lives that are a lie of sorts,until inspiration or desperation forces us to look for something else. We interact with the ‘form based’ based world and think by the right logic or the right philosophy we might overcome it or control it. Than a crisis occurs that doesn’t stand to reason at all. It is senseless, seemingly meaningless and random.... and all of our logic and reason and scientific acumen cannot conquer, nor even account for this situation. It might be self inflicted or seem to come from the outside.

It is actually the welcoming wagon for moving toward the only truth there is and there is only one path to it and runs inside. Far and away the largest obstacle to its fulfillment is our mind and our story..... the one we’ve told so long we cannot distinguish IT from the truth.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Lainey and Sofa like this.
  4. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Excellent. This answers my question and my question from an earlier post.

5. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

It is actually the welcoming wagon for moving toward the only truth there is and there is only one path to it and runs inside. Far and away the largest obstacle to its fulfillment is our mind and our story..... the one we’ve told so long we cannot distinguish IT from the truth.[/QUOTE]
    BB65
    I love the metaphor of the 'welcoming wagon '. Our stories, once outed, can free us from our pain.
    Thanks so much for all of your insightful posts.
    Kindly
    Lainey