1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

If that person can do it, why can't I?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Feb 10, 2022.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I have been extremely mentally fatigued, fried, for way too long now and I want to get better, but I have negativity issues. I'm a content creator and I have been told content creation needs to work hard and maybe even more than an 40 hours week job. I feel fatigued after 2-3 hours of a stream. I can't think straight, I can't properly take decisions.

If other people can work 8-5 why can't I even handle 2-3 hours or even during my part time why can't I work for 4-5 hours without sometimes feeling like im going to explode in my mind.

It's mostly mental fatigue and not physical.

2. tippedogle

tippedogle Newcomer

Both have different scenarios. First one “ if he can do it then why you can't” it is said by in motivating way. Like nothing is impossible in life. He worked hard he gets it, so if you work hard you can do it and get it. That “he” sets an example of success to inspire others. Now next we discuss about “everybody is different”. Don't you believe it's true. It is ….. because every person's intellectual ability is not same. Some people need less work and time to finish. Some needs more time. So in this way everybody is different. Everyone's thoughts, aim, study pattern and intellectuality is different . So it is so.

3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

my problem is i work hard but i can't think straight meaning my content goes down due to low energy.

4. lauryfriese

lauryfriese Newcomer

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing mental fatigue and negativity as a content creator. It's important to prioritize your health and address these challenges. Some suggestions that may help: Rest is important for mental recovery. Instead of forcing yourself to take long breaks, schedule regular short breaks during your streams. Use this time to relax, stretch, practice deep breathing or engage in activities that help clear your mind. Creating content can be demanding but it's important to find balance suitable for you. Consider setting realistic expectations for yourself and establishing a manageable schedule that allows for adequate rest and recovery. You can start with shorter streaming sessions and gradually increase the length as you build stamina. Don't hesitate to reach out for support when you need it. Talk to friends, family, or fellow content creators who can understand your experience and offer encouragement. Additionally, consider consulting with a mental health professional who can provide guidance and support tailored to your specific needs.