1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

If anyone is wondering how to calm down a flair up

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Patrisia, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Patrisia

Patrisia Peer Supporter

So I see a lot of people ask here what to do when there is a flair up/relapse.
    First thing we all do is panic. Which is obviously our instinct but it will make everything WORSE.

When I go through a flair up, I have to be mindful of my panicky reaction. First, I realize that my reaction will make everything worse and I immediately stop panicking. Then, the next best thing: SLEEP. I can't stress this enough. If your body needs 9 or 10 hours of sleep, let it! The longer, the better! Good, restful, deep sleep.
    And the second very important thing: PAIN MEDITATION. There are tons of videos online and they are very helpful. It's a specific meditation that calms down the oversensitive nervous system.

If anyone wants to go the extra mile, the curable app is another good one. Even the free version, which contains success stories + science lectures is very helpful.

All in all, it's all about SOOTHING your nervous system and even if you feel like panicking, please don't. As long as you follow all these steps, the effects will show in a couple of days. It's not a magic pill and the effect is NOT immediate.

tgirl and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. nowa

nowa Peer Supporter

IF only I could sleep!!

3. BinLA

BinLA Peer Supporter

Good advice Patrisia!