1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IBS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ymak99, Nov 7, 2013.

1. ymak99

ymak99 New Member

Hi !
    I hope you are well !
    So there . At the outset , please excuse my English . I'm a French Canadian !
    That's it. I am suffering from IBS. To say true , I am suffering from TMS ! But I have the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. So I am interested in TMS since 1 year ago. I read a lot ( I'm a graduate student , so it's in my personality ! ) , Almost everything that has been written on the TMS .
    My biggest problem in the way of healing is related to the symptoms I feel. Especially at the conditonnement . I had several symptoms ( that moved ... typical case of TMS ! ) . Today, what affects me the most is that I have to go to the bathroom several times and my abdominal pain .
    And so here goes. I understand the idea that we must continue my daily activities even if pain is experienced . This applies quite well with back pain (which I already had) , saying that the body is healthy and there is no danger. But when you feel , I apologize for the language , a feces which makes pressure in your gut, that's harder to say that this is normal and just ignore it . It is obvious that my bowel is accelerated by the effects of TMS on my automatic nervous system. Still, I do not know what to do when I feel this pain.
    Besides, I often go to the bathroom shortly after eating. What appears to me to be operating conditioning . I tried to restrain myself , but I always end up giving in because the discomfort is too great.
    Does anyone has experience with this symptoms?

Also, note that I work a lot on my fear of being abandoned , losing the connexion with others and my " chronic "disability to be angry. It is difficult.

I am discouraged : (

Thank you very much for your help. And thank you for this great forum.

FX

Sienna likes this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Have you had a physical exam? Rule out other things first, then try TMS healing.

Did you read Andrea's chapter in the Divided Mind? She mentioned one of her patients with IBS, and how that person began to integrate deeper how her brain needed the distraction of TMS, then she began to heal.

IBS is the new label for colitis. It's a mindbody experience that manifests physically. It's your fear of the symptom that your mind is glued to, not the sensation itself. You brain is locked onto fear, and that has its roots in shame as a child.

If you cut to the chase, and dig to the deepest level, you will see that TMS, or bodily symptoms, come from loneliness, a disconnect. I used a word called "tracordification" to try to explain. In the end we only want to know if anyone cares about us. It sounds corny and cliche, but the mind is that powerful in its quest to be united again, connected in wholeness.

You have to lower your tension levels. Begin with the daily breathing techniques, and lower your mental chatter (noggin noise). Then begin to alter your life to fit what makes you happiest, not what makes others happy.

Good luck

Steve

Lotus, heleng and Ellen like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ymak. Your French Canadian English is fine.
    Steve is so helpful to us all. He's been through pain in spades and has healed.
    I hope you read his book. Look for The Great Pain Deception on amazon.com books.
    It's full of great advice on how to heal.

4. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Shame as a child is especially relevant. Such total isolation.

In many ways the isolation continues, but I am comfortable with it. I do not feel loneliness, but perhaps some disconnection. My tension levels vary, but I am able to lower the influx of internal dialog when I focus. My life has significantly altered for the better, on an emotional level.

Yet....

Yet the pain worsens, and twists deep inside, curling me into the protective fetal position. I know this is TMS, because it only happens at Lunch. Never breakfast, no matter what I eat. Only lunch ... no matter what I eat. I am losing weight. Steadily, but very slowly, as I am boxed into limited choices. Some days, only an apple can be tolerated. Other days I defy the pain and eat whatever I want. My husband wishes me to get a 'pill' from the doctor that will ease the pain. He says I am too thin. Honestly, I like my weight now, and a few more pounds lost would be welcome, just for the sheer novelty. However, I so enjoy food, and would trade those few pounds for the pleasure of eating my favorite vegetable dishes.

Shame as a child .... really? Is that the core of this issue? History still at war within my body. A shadow-war that plays out behind the veil of my memories.

Perhaps the shame still lingers, after all.

Thank you for the clarity.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

5. alanis100

alanis100 Newcomer

Hello,

My doctor just recommended me for a trial with a Vida health coach, has anyone heard of this?