1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

IBS Is My New TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by coffeenpizza, Nov 3, 2016.

1. coffeenpizza

coffeenpizza New Member

For 5 years I didn't touch a computer because my fingers and hands were fried from overuse and nothing helped until I read the book not once but twice!!! and this forum of course.

Not im back to working on the computer most of the day 85% pain free unless I "go too hard"

Now I have constipation, diaherra and a lot of gas. Kind of like IBS I guess

I can only assume it's related to TMS . It gets worse when I drink beer but I love beer so I don't know if its all in my head.

I guess this is my journal entry for the week. Thanks for listening

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

IBS is TMS, per Dr. Sarno.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The summer that TMS almost brought me down, I was suddenly experiencing (among many other symptoms) digestive issues, caused by what I thought were food intolerances. But cutting out various foods didn't help, and I was experiencing rapid weight loss. It all went away after I discovered Dr Sarno and started doing this work, and today I continue to eat and drink everything I want. Whenever I think that my gut is contemplating a digestive "episode" I examine my negative thoughts around that and assure myself that it isn't necessary. That's been working for five years now! Is my digestion perfect? Nah - I'm human, after all. But staying up all night or in all day is a thing of the past.

TrustIt and TG957 like this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, coffeenpizza. Sorry to tell you this, but from my experience with IBS, both coffee and pizza can contribute to stomach and bowel problems. A bland diet is often recommended. Spices can be harmful.

Besides the emotional causes of IBS, I've found it helpful to drink a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of Baking Soda.

You can find lots of helpful videos about relief of constipation on Youtube. I do know from experience that if I am under emotional stress such as worry, I come down with a bout of IBS. It goes away when I am more relaxed.

jaumeb likes this.