1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I WAS TOLD I HAVE SOMOFORM DISORDER

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by winterhaven123, Aug 6, 2014.

1. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Hi I am New I have been in Severe pain 4 years it all started in my upper abdoment right on my xpoid process. spread through my ribcage & upper back . The pain is constant. I had ct scan. mri, bone scans upper GI stayed in Tampa general 3 days Nothing can be found. been to Nero DR had injections (several) Chiropractor Acupunture Now Psyical Therpy I was told it was all in my head been dianosed with Somatic form disorder Has anyone other than Me had Constant severe pain all day long that stops when you lye down. continues all day long cant do anything not even push a mop Chronic disababling Pain please help. thanks judy

2. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

I was admitted to the hospital yesterday. Released today. Need to see cardiology. for follow up. I was told I have bradycardia. I know I have no heart disease, was tested for that about 5 months ago. Can stress cause low heart rate & blood pressure? Is this part of TMS? Heart rate stayed between 30 40 50 all night. Blood pressure very low. I am under alot of emotional stress can this cause it anyone know? please reply thanks Judy

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Judy, I am sorry things are so difficult for you right now. Somatoform Disorder is TMS and yes the pain can be quite severe!

The bradycardia (a slow heart beat) is something the cardiologist can talk to you about; not sure about TMS role can play in that. (If you are on some medications, the bradycardia may be a side effect of it.) Remember- we are not medical professionals here, we're a peer group…but we can testify to the wide variation of symptoms that TMS can bring!

The stress your under is the first place to go looking for resolution of the pain. I think Walt gave you a brilliant suggestion in another thread….utilize the free "Ask a TMS Therapist" section and ask them for some advice. :)

Do you have a loving friend or two that can offer their support for you right now? Know that you're not alone, Judy. Sending you hugs and warm thoughts...

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Judy,

So sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. @North Star has given you great advice. I hope you will post your question under "Ask a Therapist" as she suggests.

I just want to add that we are all with you and hoping for the best. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

North Star likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Winterhaven. Stress can cause heart symptoms and lots of others. We all need to work with our past and
    everyday emotional stresses. I find it most helpful to do deep breathing and meditation. Even laughing.

What we put into our minds can cause us pain, but it also can free us from pain. Think positive, think you are
    healing or are even already healed.

North Star likes this.