1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I think I'm healing? Holy crap!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cnote, Sep 20, 2016.

1. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

My recovery began when I was 32 too!

I had a lot of similar issues for more than two years. Just like you, once I conquered TMS, libido came back strong, and my hay fever disappeared so did my reading glasses.
    Well, actually my reading glasses of fourteen years did not disappear, but two ophthalmologist told me my eyes were fine and I did not need them anymore. LOL!

So repressed anger and rage can affect every part of our body. Once we are able to recognize it and overcome it, we can experience amazing health. Recurrences are quite common, especially at the beginning of the recovery as your subconscious is evaluating the situation and balancing between how much repressed anger and rage you have and how conditioned is your pain. So do not be discouraged. As long as you remain steadfast and determined to recover on the conscious level, your subconscious will eventually follow. Hang in there and remember that each time you conquer TMS, you become stronger and TMS becomes weaker, until you become so powerful that with a simple mental command it will stop.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Fred! What a great and encouraging post full of hope! I read your book early on and it is one of the best.

3. FredAmir

Thanks Tom. I kept the book rate PG and left the libido stuff out. :)

4. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

Isn't fibro TMS regardless?

5. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

Regardless I don't match up with the tender points.

6. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

I totally believe so.

7. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

Love it FredAmir!

8. FredAmir

9. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Sorry for the slow response, riverrat! First I recovered from chronic sciatica, which I had for over 16 years and was quite disabling. The next big thing was tennis elbow (in both arms), also pretty disabling, because I couldn't type and that's how I made a living. I actually had surgery for that and it didn't help. Applying what Dr. Sarno teaches did.

I also recovered from some less debilitating illnesses, like IBS and a mild case of chronic fatigue syndrome.

riverrat likes this.
  10. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Congrats, cnote, on your success. Don't let the minor setbacks get to you. You know this works, so keep walking the walk.
    Sarno says that when your subC is on the run, it tries to strike back and get your attention once again. Keep your eyes on the prize!:rolleyes:

11. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Also - look at your character traits - like me you sound like a perfectionist ad a control freak - don't worry, most of us are!!! We won't get rid of those traits - BUt, we can regulate how we react to circumstances - you mention spending so much time on the video - why not set a limit on how much time you spend on it - or just plunge in and show the band an uneditted version - find out what they like, what they don't - and - without taking it personally - edit it - as they like. With any created 'thing' it is all about personal likes - you could make it perfect to you - and someone else would not like it - so why bust a gut? Just get it right for them. Don't 'overwork' it....!
    Also - if someone is ill - you can only do - what you can do. You sound like you are taking on responsibility for the bug itself! Good hygiene is a sensible precaution - bleaching the entire house is an environmental disaster... (joke!)+;
    Try and take a step back - see if you can think a situation thru - before your perfectionism or control clicks in. It does work - it takes a lot of practice... but it does work!
    Then you will see your pain receding again....