1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I Overstretched :(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Owwww. I overstretched my back this morning doing yoga. I took a walk today in the park so it is not that bad. I guess I am learning the boundaries of my body. I need to slow down about this healing business! Any advice or comforting thoughts?

Livvy ~

Ps so now I have TMS and regular pain. Boo Hoo. :(

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, let us hope you can separate the TMS from the regular pain. I notice that my conventional after-exercise soreness is amplified by the TMS, so they kind of interpenetrate and interact together to create a monster that stronger than either one by itself. Odd phenomenon! But it does seem to wear off after a couple of days. I may be actually a bit stronger afterwards I think; stronger and more pain-free that is.

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Regular soreness/pain from exercise will only last short term, as MorComm says...and it doesn't mean you caused any damage. The body quickly heals itself.

4. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Thanks guys, I am okay and pretty sure I will feel totally better soon. I am now reminded that yoga needs to done in a careful way while breathing, it takes patience to reach higher levels of flexibility. I am icing my sore spots today. I realized that am stressing myself out, cause I have an important interview soon and I also decided to go on a diet. I want to shed a few pounds and stop stress eating. I like to look good in my clothes. So I am going to limit myself on mayo, butter, cheese, and gauc. I am going to eat to live, not live to eat. I am lucky because I barely have a sweet tooth and I have a high metabolism. So, if I am not lazy I can shed some poundage in a healthy way pretty quick. The idea of letting go of stress eating makes me feel like I am going to face my underlying feelings in a more direct way, and that could be a good thing (TMS). It takes such balance to maintain the proper weight. Getting more physical is the key, I think, to being more balanced.