1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I never thought my primary repressed emotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wheelchair, Feb 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Wheelchair

Wheelchair New Member

So i know i've TMS i'm going through the programs and i've made a tiny bit of progress, my mid back pain has gradually decreased which was my initial concern and a new pain i've developed a week ago has emerged, the neck pain. At first i thought i was going through repressed anger which was deep buried in me as i've a tendency of getting pissed off pretty easily and i've had incidents in the past where i was mad. Just just now was i was thinking about my plans for tomorrow, like what should i do or rather what physical activity should i do. I felt a little bit of unease, like around my throat. Throat was contracting, i felt as if i was is fear. Is this a indication that i've repressed fear too within myself and if so how do i overcome it. Please help me, Now as day is passing puzzle are becoming more clear, i've fear too and now i recall instances which made me more fearful, i know i recognize this. My brain has indicated me just now that i'm in danger, how do i let it know there's nothing to worry.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

You are absolutely right. Fear is the root cause of many symptoms. It creates anxiety and fight-flight response in your throat and the rest of the body. Have you tried Claire Weekes audios? She saved me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I advise patience, and not rushing it.

I also strongly recommend that you read posts on the Success Stories subforum, where you will get a more realistic understanding of the time and effort it takes us to undo a lifetime of fear-based thinking and behaviour. Also, thanks to the Symptom Imperative, it's very likely that your symptoms may get worse before they get better, but be assured, this is totally normal!

Good advice from @TG957 about looking into the wonderful Claire Weekes. Her little book, Hope And Help For Your Nerves was the second book that saved my life.

TG957 likes this.