1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I need a boost of support

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Juno, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

I have been making great progress. I have suffered from a constant headache for months. December 25th I stopped all meds, all chiro and PT, etc... I read, journaled, gave myself compassion and found new interest in myself. My headache has gone down at least 50% in its intensity and I've had many days where I have pain less than half the day! :)
    I took a break for a week and enjoyed my life. Read different books, went "out" a few times with my fiancé (haven't done that in months) and I've had more time living outside of my own mind, if that makes sense. I'm really starting to enjoy my life again!
    My fiancé travels for work and he left last weekend, my ex (who isn't supposed to be contacting me) has been harassing me and I had to deal with that, which I did. But the pain has been a little more intense and often lately. I know it's TMS telling me it's still there and recent stressors are contributing. I've been sure to get back to journaling and reading. BUT I'm also remembering how good I've been feeling and won't let that go! I am not done with my recovery. But I'm hopeful to get through this completely. I'm still going to live my life. I still need some support through this relapse in going through right now.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Juno. You're making great progress in TMS healing. You can expect some relapses. Try to focus on the success so far. Your ex harassing you is bound to be stressful. Try to just put him out of your mind. Maybe even laugh it off. Laugh him off.

Juno likes this.
  3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

It sounds like you have reconnected with some of the things you like to do. Dr. Sarno often emphasized the importance of doing things you enjoy. I can only imagine how hard it is. However, if you can take your power back (your are enough, your ex can't rob you of your healing by making you feel bad) then you will able to give yourself some self love and compassion. You have come so far. Don't let your ex "steal" all of that goodness. Do things you enjoy while your fiancé is out of town. Practice self compassion. Good luck and big hugs -AC45

Juno likes this.