1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I lost hope and frustrated

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by osca aelius, Feb 15, 2018.

1. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

I now understand why i got tms in the first place, it seems like broken heart in the past caused great anger in me that resulted to tinnitus, frequent urination, sensitivity to any sensations, etc. However, im still stuck even if i know all the symptoms is caused by repressed emotions. People in the forum told me to do journal, but i dont really feel like it. I dont know why.

I try not to repress my emotions anymore, right now im afraid and concerned about the little pain sensations on my teeth. Having wisdom teeth that i cant know if i need to extract it makes it worse. Im afraid if the sensations on my teeth increased. Life is just so hopeless for me currently :(
    I dont have money to go to doctor, therefore its hard for me to identify if its tms or not. If several doctor has checked me and says nothing is wrong structurally, i can consider it TMS. But currently im unemployed and frustrated, telling my parents to keep get me checked to a doctor isnt an option. I just dont know if its a real pain caused structurally or just TMS.

I fear my life now, im afraid i will have new pain symptoms in the future. I feel like suicidal, i just cant live like this :(
    If the pain sensations on my body persist even when i know the emotions that caused it, how to deal with the pain? It just doesnt magically go away. I dont want to suffer and live in pain. The little pain sensations moving from one place to another on my teeth is killing me. I also easily obsessed by little things, i know its TMS symptoms imperative playing its trick. Also in a really stressful time in my life. Dont know what to do anymore.......

2. Jules

Jules Well known member

You’re stuck because the nervous system is in a vicious cycle and needs to be retrained to one, not fear the pain, and two, to stop sending danger signals to the sympathetic nervous system. Look up the book, “The Brain’s Way of Healing,” by Dr. Norman Doidge. Its a remarkable book and has finally set me on the right course. The key is to soothe your nervous system, don’t battle it, but work with it. It’s in an addicted pattern. Your pain is learned. Teach it a new way of reacting to the pain by visualizing new nuerons taking the place of old, destructive ones that started the pain in the first place. Also, forgive and let go.

The teeth are another issue. I have horrible teeth. It’s not TMS, but TMS will use it to keep the trick going. Get a checkup and see what’s going on. Try to not let fear take over or it will reinforce the pain, and bam! The cycle continues. Break the cycle of pain and you are free.

Take care.

Lainey, plum and Ewok2 like this.