1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I know this works

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DanL12180, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DanL12180

DanL12180 New Member

Technically I'm on day 1 of the program but I've already read 2 of Dr. Sarno's books after a friend recommended them after I suffered a particularly bad bout of pain in my shoulder and neck. Upon reading the first pages of Healing Back Pain, the tightness that had been plaguing me for at least a week started to melt away. It hasn't returned to that level, so I'm already some degree better.

But I'm not all the way there. I still suffer tightness in my trap and in my neck. It's much more bearable but I want to just be rid of it. I accept the diagnosis because it already took me from severe pain to intermittent discomfort, but I want to tackle this problem fully, and that means really getting to work on my emotions. I hope this site will help.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Dan, and thanks for posting. Many people have found the educational program to be very helpful and I hope that you will, too.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome aboard DanL12180, you are doing great. Remember not to put a time limit on your healing ok, let it happen as it comes and be very patient. Learn all you can and ask as many questions as you like so you can help others after you heal, bless you.