1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I just bounded down the stairs!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by whitewatersmetta, Feb 4, 2020.

1. whitewatersmetta

whitewatersmetta Peer Supporter

With no pain! Barefoot! And the stairs are hardwood! After 15 years of foot pain. The weirdest thing...I didn't even realize I was doing it until it was done. Hooray! I think this new breakthrough was largely due to my involvement in this forum and the support I've been getting from peers. And a renewed commitment to daily journaling, even though sometimes I feel like there can't possibly be any more to journal (there is more to journal). Also, the realization that attending to my emotions needs to be more somatic than I had been focused on. I had been sort of intellectualizing my emotions, which still helped immensely. But recently I've been focusing less on the mental talk of my emotions and just finding the feeling of emotion inside my body and attending to that.

Thanks to all who make this forum work! xoxoxoxo

Rainstorm B, Baseball65, nowa and 4 others like this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Thank you! Finding your post in the support forum has just supported me. I had a few rough weeks, and never got myself here to write about it. Today I found myself just walking around feeling strong and well, and what a nice feeling that is. Ups and downs. But overall clear progress.

TG957, Hayley and whitewatersmetta like this.
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Bump! Awesomeness.
    When in doubt... try EVERYTHING!

whitewatersmetta likes this.