1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 I have been working on Mbs a month

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sheeta, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Sheeta

Sheeta Newcomer

I have started with reading Sarno and Sachs. I also did a month of Curable but I’m still in pain. I know it’s MBS because the pain has been traveling around my body for over 20 years . Many different symptoms including fibromyalgia ibs and chronic migraines.
    I just recently had a system imperative?? from a daily headache to a frozen neck/ shoulder. In the back of my mind I want to go to the chiropractor but I won’t. I also have been taking Kratom to relieve the pain because nothing else works, and I can’t work with this pain. I was journaling but I stopped last week because I felt I wasn’t getting anything from it. I have been meditating which seems to work for calming down so my migraines don’t get debilitating.
    My biggest problem is always checking on the pain and I know that makes it worse. Also I always wake up in the worst pain so going to bed isn’t something I look forward to .

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sheeta, and welcome.

I'm glad to see that you're starting the SEP, because the structure may be what you need. I love Curable, but for me it's more like a pick-me-up - somewhere to drop in when I need a reminder or a good meditation (something I need, but am not good at doing on my own.) However, the SEP is still my go-to program for anyone still in the beginning stages of TMS recovery.

My most important suggestion for anyone doing this work has to do with the writing exercises, in particular. It's really important to be willing to be totally, 100% honest with yourself as you are doing any writing, or even while making your lists (in the SEP).

I found that my brain wanted me to ignore or skip over things that came up in my mind, and that urge was incredibly strong, and very hard to fight against. If I had given in and not put those things down, I would not have obtained the benefit I did gain in the long run, and it's something I am still aware of, and still use, to get the most benefit from journaling even now, when I'm having a setback.

Good luck!

~Jan