1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 I had a big A-ha moment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EliseRose, Sep 29, 2017.

1. EliseRose

EliseRose New Member

It happened a couple of nights ago about 130am as I was thinking about what was going on in my life when my back pain started over two years ago.

Back in may of 2015 I got back pain at work (I'm a nurse so no surprises there) which lead to a disc bulge. Or so I had believed for all this time. It was a slow burn over the last couple of months realising that the bulge could've been there for 10 years or more causing me no trouble. I had assumed my chronic pain started a few months after my initial "injury".

I looked back through my old conversations on whatsapp with a friend and it turned out around the middle of May we had an 'end of life' patient on the ward and his death was expected to be horrendous and dramatic, and it was very stressful for everyone involved. This went on for weeks. I took 3 days off work during this time and visited my dad in Sydney, NSW. I have some awful memories of my dad and his temper growing up, he absolutely infuriates me now but I can't say anything to him for fear of hurting his feeling! Gah!... And there it was.. My repressed anger towards him started off my chronic back pain. Hallelujah !! I'm going to dig even deeper now to keep my progress ticking over :)

Lizzy, Ellen and Lily Rose like this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

That is great! I hope this understanding helps you to more discoveries!