1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I got a job!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Branson, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

I feel ready to handle it. So I went down to Dollar Tree cuz I saw they had a sign for parttime in the window before. I figure it is a good place to get a job, cuz I have nearly a 30 year gap in employment history lol. A will train job yes?

So the Lord is with me! I get the application, the one employee I like a lot, said stay here and fill it out. She said not needing anyone until March. Then somewhere in the store the manager says, we need to fill 2 positions. So after I filled in what I could I walked to the manager and asked if I could hand her my app. So we talk for awhile, then she asks can you start right away before March. I say sure. She says follow me. I go to the back office, she says I will start next week for a total of 10 hours over 3 days. Which is just ideal for easing back in and succesfully dealing with tms. I can, and I will handle it.

So rejoice with me!!

CarboNeVo, yb44, Dexy and 6 others like this.
  2. Hen

Hen Peer Supporter

Congratulations!

3. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Thought Id best put some info. What have I done? I got Dr. Schechters book Think Away Your Pain, and the dvd and the workbook cds, still havent touched the workbook. Watched Alan Gordans tms recovery twice. Read Healing Back Pain. And hired a TMS therapist and had one session.

Its been years of not looking at the tms and trying. Id have to say I JUST DIDNT GET IT before.

This is clicking for me this time. It all makes sense and I am doing the do.

Thanks Hen!

4. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! That's so great to hear, I'm so happy for you! I look forward to the day that I'll return to work and I'll be posting about it too!

5. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Thanks gaintsfan. You will. Never give up my buddy.

giantsfan likes this.
  6. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Happy for you Branson!!!! Go get em!!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. blake

blake Well known member

That's awesome, Branson! So great to get back out there! Congrtulations

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done, that's absolutely brilliant! :) That's a huge success.

9. Branson

Branson Peer Supporter

Thanks a lot folks.

So wed 10-11 was my sign papers and such. I got a schedule for 13 hours the next week. And then the next day (thurs) I got a call if I could come into work. I was not gonna say no. All ive ever done all these years is say no. I said yes and whatever happened Id handle it, minute by minute if I had to. So an hour later there I was.

Negligible training for sure, but there I was stressing and running the register and when a customer wasnt there I was in the candy aisle "doing freight" unpacking boxes and stocking busting down boxes, then DING someone at the register run on over there to ring up.

I worked 5 hours. On my feet here and there stressing multi-tasking, learning a hundred things, forgetting 50 of them. And I did it. And I will do it again. And I will do it over again.

Putting one foot in front of the other.

giantsfan and Susan1111 like this.
  10. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Woohoo!!! Please continue posting, I'm really intrigued by how things are going for you at your return to work.

11. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

Yay for you Branson!!!!

12. Merilu

Merilu New Member

Congratulations Branson!

13. Dexy

Dexy Peer Supporter

Way to go, Branson and huge congratulations on a successful first day! Go get em!