1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I Go For the Gold in Everything I Do

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Do you go for the gold in everything you do or do you feel like you’re being held back? If you feel like you’re being held back it could be that your subconscious mind is preventing you from living the life of your dreams.
    You can remove the blocks in your subconscious mind by using positive self talk and affirmations.
    If you do feel like you’re being held back from going for the gold, read this message out loud to yourself morning and night for the next 21 days.
    I Go For the Gold in Everything I Do
    I always give my best in everything I do. When I approach each and every task set before me with zeal and enthusiasm I feel excited and alive.
    I invest in my future by putting forth my best effort in everything I do today. I give my best and go for the gold.
    Going for the gold each day is my plan.
    It’s when I put my heart and soul into every task that I benefit the most. Every morning I’m energized knowing that I’m going to give my best regardless of what tasks are on my to-do list that day.
    This energizes me even more.
    When it comes to my efforts I do not settle for second best. When it comes to effort my motto is “I go for the gold in everything I do.”
    From the tiniest task to the biggest project, I give my all. Whether I am washing the dishes or setting up a new project, I give my best. This effort gives me a great sense of pride and self-respect.
    When I encounter challenges, I think about my motto, “I go for the gold in everything I do.” This gives me the energy and momentum to re-direct my efforts into those things I can control.
    I realize I make the biggest impact by aiming for excellence in everything I do.
    Going for the gold each day invigorates me. Doing my best ignites my passion for all life brings. Knowing that I do my best in every situation propels me forward to success.
    Putting all I have into everything I do gives me the energy and focus I need to do my best and live the life of my dreams.
    Every task or project I do deserves my best efforts. Today, like every day, I live by my motto, “I go for the gold in everything I do.”
    Self-Reflection Questions:
    1. Do I try to give my best, no matter the task?
    2. What is holding me back from trying my hardest in everything I do?
    3. What can I do to ensure that I will go for the gold each day?
    On September 27, 2012, Wil Dieck

2. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

I know that I'm frequently held back by fear of failure as well as fear of success. If I try something big and fail, then I'll look like an idiot. If I try something big and succeed, truly giving it my ALL, then some people will still criticize it, thereby criticizing ME since I put my whole self into it. Also, if I succeed on a grand scale then I might mot be able to top it. It feels safer to always hold a little something back. Obviously, these aren't usually conscious beliefs, but I think I've always had them and I think almost everyone else has some version of them, too.

The book "Art and Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking" by Ted Orland and David Bayles really helped me understand these beliefs and tendencies. It also helps (just as with TMS) to know that a lot of other people have these issues. I highly recommend it even if you don't consider yourself an "artist".

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is Awesome NolaGal- Im an artist in a lotta ways
    Writing in all forms, I love poetry-Music , Play guitar now for 25 years
    Probably written about a thousand songs. So much much more
    I haven't read the books you listed above but ill check into them
    I just know now when I held myself back and worried what others might think
    it was a form of repression and id beat myself up daily for it.
    I do have struggles with this since I had it for 39 years.
    I feel that I was in some way protecting my ego from pain-( hence the tms)
    Its like at 29 when I started public speaking the pain that id endured so long
    almost vanished- I now know it was because I was doing what I wanted instead of holding back
    I also know that I still had those thoughts ,wondering what others thought of my speeches
    so even though I was in less pain than ever, I still had some pain (tms)
    Im still rewiring on a daily basis this conditioning that ive had all my life
    and I know if I worry what others think then im blocking myself from the creativity that I can have.
    I've noticed that the more I just do it and then accept that I did my best and
    choose on purpose to be happy with that choice, then I really have a lot less anxiety and strain
    which for me equals no pain.
    ill talk to ya later
    Thanks NolaGal

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I do my best in everything but have come to realize my best is probably
    ten times or fifty times more than most other people put into their work or whatever.
    So I slow down a bit and take time for relaxation. I love to take breaks in my back yard
    and sit in the sun and meditate while my dog rolls happily in the grass.

We both go for the gold in relaxing.

veronica73 likes this.
  5. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

One of the affirmations I use before going to sleep is "my subconscious mind is my partner in success." In search of my intuition, I tell my subconscious mind what I want from it. It does it's work while I go to sleep and wait for an answer on days to follow.