1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I found what causes tms in my leg.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Aug 17, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

So ever since I joined the fitness club, I developed a Eating Disorder by counting calories.
    Now that im reading and learning all about tms, i find myself anxious and stressed due to counting calories.
    I want to stop, maybe thats the reason why i still have the remaining pain left.
    but if i stop counting calories then I won't be able to achieve my goals precisely. I want to improve in strength and want to make sure i gain weight, but Im an undereater and counting calories is what makes me success towards that goal.

has anyone here developed ED and had pain due to this?

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't have an ED, but I do know that being down, anxious or stressed causes me to have little or no appetite. So you might have touched an issue there. I also wonder if there aren't less intense methods to make sure you eat enough to gain some weight.
    take care

stevow7 likes this.
  3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there,

I have had issues with ED in the past that very much went along with anxiety, and I now recognize is a form of TMS. Those ED thoughts pop up for me when I have emotional repression or stress, just like TMS pain symptoms. I did not have an ED in the way that is conventionally thought of (anorexia or bulimia) but had chronic dieting and calorie counting. This occurred for several years before I was finally able to get away from it with lots of work, as it is so well accepted to be on a diet in our society. I think that EDs in their many forms go along with TMS personality, as I have learned with some therapy they are common in highly sensitive people, people pleasers, conscientious people. Sound familiar?

Eating disorders can go along with TMS. Have you heard of the movement of intuitive eating? It's really great for figuring out what your body needs, whether you generally overeat or under eat or have just been on diets for way too long (which was my case). There are tons of great books and resources for learning to eat this way, and some therapists and forward-thinking nutritionists that can help. There tend to be a lot of reasons that underlie development of an ED as you probably know, also similar to TMS.

stevow7 likes this.