iasmin
New Member
Never thought I’d be posting this here, but I cured my fibromyalgia
About a year ago, I started dealing with severe tension headaches, a lot of jaw tension, and fatigue. I was still functional and that was all that mattered. I've been dealing with stress symptoms since I was 18, and I managed to overcome all of them. For anyone wondering what else I've had:
At 19, I had IBS and couldn’t eat anything, or even drink water properly. My stomach hurt and always felt full, which made me drop 10kg in no time. Of course, the symptoms magically vanished as soon as my tests came back completely normal. Around that time, I also beat panic attacks.
I used to get painful ankle sprains whenever I went through stressful periods. The imaging scans always showed just a tiny injury that didn't justify the amount of pain I was in.
I had persistent shoulder impingement syndrome and piriform syndrome for years. All beaten.
I’m back to weightlifting, doing water aerobics, and starting to get into running. For me, what truly made a difference was regulating my nervous system. I started getting daily sunlight. I’d meditate by the ocean. I got back into reading for fun, a hobby I've always loved. I’m learning a new language and started building a fresh routine every day, pushing my brain to change. Talking to your brain matters too. Always reassure yourself that you're healthy and safe. I used to repeat to myself that I was strong and had no reason to feel pain whenever I tried physical activity. Getting back into your routine gradually is key. Push through it! Your symptoms might flare up when you try to get back to normal life, but remember that's normal and it will pass. If you're spiritual or have faith, lean into it, studies show how prayer has real benefits for the body and mind. Find a new passion. Laugh with your friends and family. Stop obsessing over the symptoms or talking about them.
No matter how long it takes, you're going to get better!!
About a year ago, I started dealing with severe tension headaches, a lot of jaw tension, and fatigue. I was still functional and that was all that mattered. I've been dealing with stress symptoms since I was 18, and I managed to overcome all of them. For anyone wondering what else I've had:
At 19, I had IBS and couldn’t eat anything, or even drink water properly. My stomach hurt and always felt full, which made me drop 10kg in no time. Of course, the symptoms magically vanished as soon as my tests came back completely normal. Around that time, I also beat panic attacks.
I used to get painful ankle sprains whenever I went through stressful periods. The imaging scans always showed just a tiny injury that didn't justify the amount of pain I was in.
I had persistent shoulder impingement syndrome and piriform syndrome for years. All beaten.
I’m back to weightlifting, doing water aerobics, and starting to get into running. For me, what truly made a difference was regulating my nervous system. I started getting daily sunlight. I’d meditate by the ocean. I got back into reading for fun, a hobby I've always loved. I’m learning a new language and started building a fresh routine every day, pushing my brain to change. Talking to your brain matters too. Always reassure yourself that you're healthy and safe. I used to repeat to myself that I was strong and had no reason to feel pain whenever I tried physical activity. Getting back into your routine gradually is key. Push through it! Your symptoms might flare up when you try to get back to normal life, but remember that's normal and it will pass. If you're spiritual or have faith, lean into it, studies show how prayer has real benefits for the body and mind. Find a new passion. Laugh with your friends and family. Stop obsessing over the symptoms or talking about them.
No matter how long it takes, you're going to get better!!