1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12 I feel nothing when I journal

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MillyHobble, Jul 29, 2022.

1. MillyHobble

MillyHobble Newcomer

I’m convinced my poly neuropathy symptoms are TMS. 5 months ago I had a traumatic event followed by the arrival of numbness and shooting pains in my limbs. I read Sarno’s book and the symptoms resolved over the course of one month.

But now the symptoms are back. I’m trying to journal and feel my feelings. But I feel nothing.

I started Zoloft a couple months ago to help with the panic attacks and crying. I wonder if this is why I can’t feel anything. Or is this dullness a symptom imperative?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Based on personal experience back when I started doing this work with the SEP, I realized that my brain was editing what I wrote down especially when I was making the lists. I could literally hear this little voice saying "Oh, no, you don't need to write THAT down, I'm sure we can skip it".

I had to force myself to do it anyway, and then to choose those things to write about. Nothing earth-shattering, just really old childhood shame, guilt, small hurt or whatever - and very revealing about my emotions and fears at the time.

Honesty is essential to this process, and our brains are really really skilled at convincing us to keep hiding the shit.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Numbness = repressed sadness, anxiety, guilt, shame etc

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle