1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like im getting better

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by TheReds, Jan 8, 2023.

1. TheReds

TheReds New Member

Hello all
    I feel like im getting better slowly but what preoccupy me is that i didnt feel the Joy to do things again and live my life to the fullest.
    Im still little bit afraid somehow but i just want to know if im ready to go back to living.
    Im afraid of that particulary. Go back to living
    My anxiety symptoms have reduced and i just feel fatigued from time to time as i spend my day doing nothing and i think it comes from here.
    Thanks for the read

TG957 likes this.
  2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

What wonderful news that you are starting to feel some better, in your body.
    It is not uncommon for anxiety to increase when you have fewer physical symptoms (or the other way). What is important is that you are focusing but not forcing your mental wellness. Have you been following a program or method (even your own) for tms -read a tms book -and understand and “do the work” in your everyday life? Reminding yourself that you are on the right path? Being aware of the fear thoughts and knowing they are patterns developed long ago and contribute to this fear of the physical but also of the “getting back out there”. Are you aware of the emotions that might be causing what sounds like it may be some depression? Do you congratulate yourself, build inner strength with each tiny step forward to move towards a “full life”? How can you make a full life happen for yourself without waiting for it to come to you?
    These are bigger things I have thought about. Small things are to walk in the sunshine, noticing things around you that are joyful: bright colors, quiet cosey coffee shops, birds in a tree, a nice book, a snuggly warm sweater are the into steps to get there. It is important to feel safe within yourself to build this inner ability to feel more “alive” - that feeling, those emotions may be still part of your brain protecting itself. Feeling safe at being happy and allowing joy, and exuberance in life might take time.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. TheReds

TheReds New Member

No i just accepted the way it is.
    But yeah i definetly relate to what you said about Joy and feeling safe to expérience happiness to do things i feel like those things will take some time before i can gradually came back to those.
    Its this things that matters the most as we grow our confidence and feel more safe.
    Right now im still little bit scared to enjoy things again.
    Thank you for the reply

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @TheReds - this definitely sounds like progress to me. This particular symptom, coming on at this particular time, is a clear indication to me that your fearful TMS brain mechanism is trying everything and anything to keep you from living without fear! The good news is that you don't have to fall for it ;)

Just in case you can relate to the possibility of mild depression, you can check out this post I made in 2016, describing an incident that I had not long after I had started doing "the work":
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/doubt-following-visit-to-tms-dr.13626/#post-71869 (Doubt following visit to Tms dr) I bookmarked this post in my profile - it's part of a complete thread.

~Jan

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  5. TheReds

TheReds New Member

Yeah depression is part of the anxiety i might think which what i suffer from and also i medicate myself from.
    I dont know if this means something but definetly i see progress everyday with my condition with ups and downs but just to take the gap and live my life i feel like im not ready for it.
    The depression still kicks(or the meds i dont know)