1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I feel dumb but I need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ShelteredInStars, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ShelteredInStars

ShelteredInStars New Member

As a TMS personality type, I am running into a bit of confusion. I just don't get it. I'm overwhelmed with what to do but really I think the question is more like what NOT to do in this situation. I understand the premise of what TMS is, I 100% believe I have it, but like then what? What do I do with that information?

My number one TMS symptom imperative is bad anxiety. Ruminations, and a general level of fear of basically life. Anxiety is the reason Im dealing with health issues. Adrenal fatigue, hormonal imbalances, low immunity, chronic pelvic pain, STRESS. I'm a procrastinator because I am a recovering perfectionist and goodist. Scared to make the wrong move. I am probably in some way even doing it by making this post because I am looking for reassurance but I don't understand what I can do for my anxiety. I am way more anxious when stressed but I am currently always stressed, stuck in a fight or flight battle that I might be coming out of but I feel like I still need tools to deal with fear. Journaling helps release emotions for me but it ultimately doesn't get rid of my anxiety. Can someone give me the low down. Ive read Sarno, Ozanich, Sachs..I'm just missing something. The HOW isn't sinking in for me. Like what is it that im supposed to be telling my brain? What is it I should do daily? Nothing? Meditate? Journal? Breathwork?

TIA - Feeling Frustrated.

2. Sita

Sita Well known member

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

1. Claire Weekes. I played her audios many times in a row every day.
    2. Meditation.
    3. Routine, easy enough to follow and stick to.
    4. Outcome independence - the hardest part.

ShelteredInStars likes this.
  4. ShelteredInStars

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.

5. ShelteredInStars

I literally started her book “Self Help for Your Nerves” last night. Thank you for your other insights. This helps.

6. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

You are welcome. FYI. I found listening being more effective for me than reading. Somehow, her very voice had a calming effect on me.

ShelteredInStars likes this.