1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I experienced real-time recovery from depression

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by mcplums, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mcplums

mcplums New Member

So I am new to this and havn't been doing it very long, but I recently had an absolutely wonderful experience.

I was feeling very very low, like the colour had faded out of the world, classic depression. And I sat down and journaled. I wouldn't even call it journaling, all I did was write out the same sentence (a fact within my life that I find hard to accept) over and over. And the most amazing thing happened- I could feel my mood improving in real time as I did it- and after ~10 mins I felt just amazing, like a different person. It was like a dial had been turned and the symptoms were 100% gone. It was UNREAL.

So I can happily say that I am one of those people who no longer needs to rely on faith to trust that this will work, I KNOW that for me at least it does.

I still have bigger fish to fry so my journey has only just begun, but I thought it would be nice for others to hear this. Especially since I do not have pain and have never had chronic pain- it isn't just for pain that this can work!

Btw I have found this series very very helpful

Thanks to 'Mrs Dependable' for pointing it out to me!

2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello mcplums,

Thanks for sharing the videos. I enjoyed watching them!

-AC45

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a wonderful story mcplums.

I wonder if you could write out an example of this, perhaps using (a fact within my life that I find hard to accept) which has nothing to do with your life, but would serve as a clear example.

Thank you.

4. opaline

opaline Newcomer

Thanks for posting this, I'm so glad you found a way past your experience of depression! I'm going to try your method for my RSI and anxiety.

5. mcplums

mcplums New Member

Sure. My sentence was "I have achieved a lot less over the last X years than I hoped I would"

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi mcplums,
    Thank you for the example. What you did was a form of what I call an "empathic statement." This kind of statement acknowledges our experience exactly as it is, without asking for change. It brings a satisfying contact with our experience. There arises a recognition and implicit nourishment or love. We come home to ourselves. I am so happy you found this in your life.
    Andy B