1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I don't know what is wrong with my TMS thinking that I can't "get it".

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by music321, Apr 19, 2019.

1. music321

music321 Well known member

I have TMS, there is no question. I am not in the proper frame of mind to heal myself, function well, or whatever other term one wants to use.

If I'm sitting around without pain, I can think back to times when I've been injured. One time of profound dysfunction was most certainly TMS. As for all the other times I've been dysfunctional and in pain, I know statistically that many of them were TMS, but some were probably injuries. After all, people get injured.

I just don't know how to view my life with regard to all this in order to get better. I saw a TMS medical doctor who said that he agrees that I do have TMS, but wouldn't speak to specific "injuries".

I'd tried to make up my mind that I will get over TMS. Then I'll get "hurt", and then I won't know how to react to the injury. Should I not hammer nails with a wrist that is absolutely killing me after I bent it the wrong way the day before, or should I push through, and potentially wreck my wrist.

I am so frustratingly stuck!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Music,

No, you should not push through on a recent acute injury. Rest it, ice it, etc.

If your wrist happens to still be sore, say in 2 months, then you'll know you took care of it. Then you might use the TMS techniques. Pushing through now means that you won't be sure you took proper care of it, so then there will more room for doubts, in my opinion.

Andy B