1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I dont know how to stay optimistic an d strong...Crazy tension in jaw, face, neck..

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Yulia1975, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Yulia1975

Yulia1975 Peer Supporter

I will appreciate your feedback , support, sharing with me your experience...
    I struggle from this crazy tension/tightness that traveling between shoulder, neck, jaw, face, it is changing intensity, sides, location during a day...This tension causing some other symptoms I guess...
    I work with body and mind therapist, journal every day, going to the gym, trying to stay positive and keep living my live and enjoying my 2 year old daughter and dreaming about one more baby in near future...But there are days I collapse, and have no more energy to keep going...I realize that I constantly monitor how I feel, and simply can not ignore the tension/symptoms...The best days I had in past 2 years when I took Clonazepam for 2 weeks in June. I felt NORMAL again!!!! I stopped , because I know it is not helping me to get rid of the cause of the problem and it is addictive. It was also a proof to me, that my problem is not structural. I tried many things before (massage, osteopathy, acupuncture, PT), but nothing helped. Now I was reading about cranio-sacral therapy and how good it is for a nervous system, TMJ, neck problems, so I am thinking I have to give it a try..I just want to feel this tension less intense!

Thank you for listening and hopefully sharing your thoughts on this...

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

The fact that your pain is moving around is a very good sign. For me if my pain moves around I can see that my mind is creating a symptom imperative - meaning the brain is trying to distract me and failing. This is evidence for me that the pain is a distraction and not real in a way that structural pain demands attention.

For me - I love Craniosacral therapy. It helped me immensely. I find it to be calming to the nervous system and a safe place - depending on the practitioner- for emotions to be recognized. I would say try to find a practitioner who is trained in somatic emotional release and someone who will respect your process in your recovery from TMS.

Sounds like when your brain is calm your symptoms disappear. There are other things that can be done to achieve this besides medication. Such as mantras, affirmations, meditation, as well as a healthy diet, and daily exercise.

For me ignoring the pain never worked either. When I sink in to the pain and listen for what the feelings are underneath I find out what parts of me need.

I hope this is helpful?

3. Yulia1975

Yulia1975 Peer Supporter

M

Thank you kindly ! I really appreciate you took time to answer my concerns

4. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

Yes! your welcome :)