1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I don’t want to journal

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ewok2, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Laura keep posting more interviews here. I enjoyed all of them straight from the heart. Thank u.

2. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know what journaling is until I move to the US. In my community (South East Asia) we don't journal. None of the people I know that recovered from tms used journal, including me. In the US I've seen quite a few people got worse instead of getting better when they did journal. Somehow they just re-lived all those bad memories and their symptoms got worse. Many people just don't know how to process all those information. they just digging their brain and tried to bring back as many bad events, traumas... as they can, and then they suffered more.
    Laura's advice above is great, you should employ the help of an pro therapist if you don't know how. The goal is expose yourself to those memories and realize that they can no longer hurt us. They are the past, let forgive, forget and move on. We are stronger now, we are safe now....
    Buddhism is dominant in my culture. It's teaching emphasize living in the present, the now. Living mindfully in the moment. We try not to let our mind going to the past or the future. Those places are full of fear, regret, and anger, which is not good for us.

Trust no future, however pleasant! Let the dead past bury its dead! Act - act in the living Present! Heart within and God overhead.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Ellen and Ewok2 like this.
  3. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Thanksgiving Laura, that is helpful. I purchased the Curable app the other day and am loving it.

lauraseago likes this.
  4. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

Doesn't sound sneaky at all. Sounds like a very conscience effort to avoid tough emotional work.

Ewok2 likes this.