1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

I did it!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scootertoe, Jul 7, 2014.

1. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

So one of my written goals was to do something I hadn't been able to do in awhile. We used to host HUGE July 4th parties every year but I had not been up to hosting anything extra the past few years. When I started this program, I set a goal that I would have a party by July 5 and I did! Not a big crowd but... A big step for me. And the best part was that I enjoyed the planning and the preparation and did not feel any of my usual pain afterwards. I was able to be productive the day after and to complete a full day at work today. I am tired tonight but very excited that I was successful to accomplish this milestone. For all out there struggling,,there is definitely hope and results. Wishing everyone
    the best!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. jlm

jlm Peer Supporter

danceaGood for you. That's quite an accomplishment. The sentence that resonates with me that you were able to be productive for several days in a row. Before finding out about TMS and what to do about it, I had resigned myself to a day of some work, a day of rest, etc. I am rejoicing with you that we are both overcoming that mindset!!