1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

I did a mistake explaining TMS to a Doctor friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Feb 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

A doctor friend of mine on social media called a doctor who believes in Mind-Body connection as quack and that all his Government awards should be revoked. I couldn't hold back for some reason having benefitted from TMS knowledge and setting my life free from unimaginable Pain.
    Although I asked the question in normal tone my doctor friend has took it offensive and went onto say a lot which hurt me. Me feeling bad sitting here why did I even try to convince him. I was only trying to put my point across specially when my favourite doctor is called a quack. Neither these traditional doctors cure anyone nor let any TMS doctors have an opinion.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes it's a shame. Paradigm shifts can take centuries. Dr. Sarno himself bore a lot of slings and arrows from his colleagues. I saw this in the world of autism as well. They are still in the Dark Ages like with chronic pain. They still use behavioral therapy with autistic kids that is akin to dog training. Approaches that were designed in the 1940's. It's appalling and a century from now I'm sure people will look back on the way autistic kids were educated, with shock. There's a great quote: "All truth passes through 3 stages. First it's ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it's accepted as being self evident."

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

worst scourge to hit humanity in my life.
    I just read that quote in a David Rohl Book about the new chronology. I think it's Schopenhauer.AWESOME

and THAT is why we get TMS (LOL)... we want other people to be better and we feel things deeper than a lot of other people. Deeper than even we imagine.

So, a Doctor dies and goes to heaven.
    When he gets there, there is a huge line! Hundreds of people in front of him , and it's moving really slow.
    He stands there for about 5 minutes, and growing impatient, walks up to the front of the line. St Peter is there checking people in with a clipboard.
    The Doctor leans in and tries to get his attention "AHEM.... uh...sir?"
    St. Peter looks up "Yes? May I help you?"
    "Well, you see, I am a Doctor and my time is really important . I am not used to be kept waiting like this.... is there a chance I can just ...you know....go in NOW?"
    St Peter chuckles "No. You have to wait like everybody else. Your dead now and you have all the time in the world...."
    The Doctor ,visibly upset, turns his back on the chuckling St Peter and gets back at the end of the line.

A long time passes. The line is moving at a snails pace. The Doctor is Humph-ing and stamping and really getting impatient. All of a sudden he hears more people crowding in behind him. One of them is carrying a Medical bag and wearing a stethoscope and strolls right up to the front of the line, whispers a few words to St. Peter, who nods his head and immediately lets him into Heaven.

The Doctor is pissed! He walks back to the front of the line and immediately upbraids St Peter.
    "Hey... you! You told me that here in Heaven I'm just like everybody else, but that other Doctor Came up to you and you let him go right in!!"

St Peter smiles.. "That wasn't a Doctor. That was GOD. He's just been out PLAYING Doctor"

cheers!

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I comfort myself with a thought that we are now at stage 2, when the idea of TMS is violently opposed. Not because I like it being violently opposed, but because the next phase is that it becomes self-evident. We just need to provide more evidence to masses in order to make it self-evident.

JanAtheCPA, Baseball65 and miffybunny like this.
  5. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

We know TMS is true. Sometimes people can be jerks. Let them go.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  6. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Another thing to consider (@Baseball65 illustrated so well!) is that doctors are not God...they have their own anxiety and trauma history. Anything that threatens their ego or identity can cause defensiveness in them, that they in turn attribute to the patient. I grew up with a father who was a physician, so I assumed all doctors were caring and placed the wellbeing of patients above all else. How wrong I was!! It's still an industry and there are still deficits in training and education. Most doctors work in silos and are specialized. This leaves little room for the role of mind. Practitioners that are now finally getting training in this, by people like dr. Schubiner and Dr. Abbass, are totally shocked to discover that the nature of pain is far different from what they believed.

7. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

With the exception of this discussion forum, of course.... ;);):)

TG957 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  8. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

Should have reminded him of all the surgeries and medicines that have been shown to be no more effective than placebo. On second thought, that probably wouldn't have helped the situation. :)

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  9. IndiMarshall

This is very powerful.
    "All truth passes through 3 stages. First it's ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third, it's accepted as being self evident."

Can you explain about what is wrong with Autism treatment ? can it be cured ? I have no knowledge of it. Is there misdiagnosis like we found in mind body connection ?

TG957 likes this.
  10. IndiMarshall

I cant wait for that day of Stage 3 where people start taking notice of it. World over there is so much of needless suffering. So many people are becoming disabled, depressed and taking their lives for these petty issues which can be resolved. Doctors think they are practicing Science while not realizing that it is a chemical witchcraft on a patients body.

TG957 likes this.
  11. IndiMarshall

Coming from India I know that these doctors have lot of Ego. Large percentage of population has already believed that doctors know everything. In India doctors have even coined a word "Urban Idiot" for the patients who asks questions. I didnt realize they also suffer from anxiety and trauma. I think they do after all they are put under so much stress to get their medical seat.

12. IndiMarshall

They blindly follow the protocols that were taught to them in med school and think they are following science.

13. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

Wow, that's pretty contemptuous.

14. IndiMarshall

15. IndiMarshall

Attached Files:

16. KennedyVelez

KennedyVelez New Member

Dude, you're really right. The mind-body connection is scientifically proven, and that's what psychology does. In fact, many guts or other somatic diseases are related to a person's emotional background.

Balsa11 likes this.